Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone smoothed out the sail panels on their sedan? I am going to do it either by filling in the gap by welding a strip of metal there or with lead or plastic filler. Any thoughts. I thought about taking the existing trim piece and shaving down to fit flush in the gap, but it is made out of pot metal so it gets more tricky to mold the two metals together. Ideas please?

·
Registered
645 Posts
If you have the tools and talent I would weld it. Welds don't lift or bubble. Wish you were closer. I have a front & rear glass for a sedan taking up space in my attic.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Had mine filled, looks alot better. As I recall my body guy welded strips in there with thin skim coat of body filler. filled the cowl too.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I do have a welder and think I will cut up some strips and weld them in to fill up the gap. I to also thought about filling in the cowl opening, now I am motivated to do so. Thanks MDW and Sedandan. Do you have the small quarter glass to MDW or just the front and back windshields.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I MUCH prefer the factory little metal strip to one that has been filled. The filled ones look a little out of place to me, kinda like you wish it were a coupe. :eek: :devil:
Curtis

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear you one bad, I don't want a coupe just want a smooth sail there. I think the post gives it away anyways:D

·
Registered
287 Posts
I hear you one bad, I don't want a coupe just want a smooth sail there. I think the post gives it away anyways:D
Yeah... That and that wonderful tall roof line! I have seen plenty of them smoothed, just not my cup of tea.
Curtis

P.S. Of the 5 Novas I have owned only 1 was a Coupe! I love me a nice C-Dan!!!

This was my 1st. I wish it was still here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts