Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking to add a rear view mirror to a 67 Hardtop.

The previous owner of the car has buttoned the headliner to the roof and I don't want to rip it or peel it back if I don't have to. However, when I rub my hand across the center section of the front of the headliner near the windshield, I think I may be feeling a bracket of sorts underneath...

Is there a bracket here for me to mount a rear view mirror to? Or, do I need to use double sided tape and mount a mirror to the windshield?

Any insight here would be appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone happen to have a picture of the rear view mirror mounting bracket on the headliner? It'd be nice to know what I'm searching for! Thanks.:)

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Does anyone happen to have a picture of the rear view mirror mounting bracket on the headliner? It'd be nice to know what I'm searching for! Thanks.:)
I don’t have a pic sorry but some advice would be to install the shorter first gen mirror arm. You have more visibility with driving and seeing the tree at the drag strip better! :)

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I have a 66. I'm thinking it's the same as a 67 but maybe not. Mine uses 3 screws. The two front ones are very close to the front lip of the windshield opening easily located. Once you mount the bracket withe these two the rear one should line up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don’t have a pic sorry but some advice would be to install the shorter first gen mirror arm. You have more visibility with driving and seeing the tree at the drag strip better! :)
Thanks, Sooner. I'll do this, huge help!

I have a 66. I'm thinking it's the same as a 67 but maybe not. Mine uses 3 screws. The two front ones are very close to the front lip of the windshield opening easily located. Once you mount the bracket withe these two the rear one should line up.
Appreciate it buddy, thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts