Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2202900I HAVE A 67 NOVA THAT HAS BEEN MINI TUBBED AND LOWERED 3" WITH EATON MONO LEAF SPRINGS AND IM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE SHOCKS. WITH THE STOCK LENGTH SHOCK IT BOTTOMS OUT AND BENDS THE SHAFT OF THE SHOCK.IT HAS AIR SHOCKS ON IT NOW BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE A STANDARD SHOCK ON IT WHICH I KNOW NEEDS TO BE SHORTER BUT IM HAVING NO LUCK ON FINDING ANY. I HAVE ATT. A LINK TO SEE A FEW PICS OF THE CAR.

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
SFROST,
I have 1" de-arced leaf springs and 2" lower blocks on my Chevy II (3" total) and I haven't had issues with the shock bottoming out yet. Maybe the air shocks you have are slighly longer than a normal shock (when compressed) and this is just enough to cause it to bottom out..I don't know??? Have you tried different shocks???

This is what I would do....

I would pull your shocks loose and go down to the local parts store and ask for a factory shock. Fully compress both shocks and see if the air shock is longer. If not, then I would suggest looking into the Rancho 9000 shocks like Mike suggested.

I can always get you a part number from my rear lakewood 50/50 race shocks if you like.

Keep us updated and let me know if I can help in any way.

Nice ride BTW and welcome to the board.:beer: What part of TN are you from?

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Am From Clarksville Tn, It Is About 50 Mi. North Of Nashville. Thanks For The Help And When You Get A Chance I Would Like The Part # Of Your Lakewood Shocks

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
SFROST said:
I Am From Clarksville Tn, It Is About 50 Mi. North Of Nashville. Thanks For The Help And When You Get A Chance I Would Like The Part # Of Your Lakewood Shocks
No problem. I'll get it tonight. Assuming there is a number on the shock.:D I lived in Waverly TN (Home of Loretta Lynn's dude ranch..lol) for about 6 months back when I was a young nomad.:) Also grew up in Memphis. Do you ever go the smokey mountain car show at Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Go To The Rod Run Almost Every Year In Pigeon Forge, I Also Always Go To Memphis Super Chevy, And Power Tour

·
Registered
259 Posts
Look at the shocks for the lowered truck guys, they have a ton of different shocks that would work. You can find a lot of the manufacturers in magazines like Truckin' and Minitrucks.

Ryan

·
Registered
5 Posts
which clip

:cool:
SFROST said:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2202900I HAVE A 67 NOVA THAT HAS BEEN MINI TUBBED AND LOWERED 3" WITH EATON MONO LEAF SPRINGS AND IM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE SHOCKS. WITH THE STOCK LENGTH SHOCK IT BOTTOMS OUT AND BENDS THE SHAFT OF THE SHOCK.IT HAS AIR SHOCKS ON IT NOW BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE A STANDARD SHOCK ON IT WHICH I KNOW NEEDS TO BE SHORTER BUT IM HAVING NO LUCK ON FINDING ANY. I HAVE ATT. A LINK TO SEE A FEW PICS OF THE CAR.

:cool: Nice car! I also have a 67 that I am just getting started with. what front end clip did you use? and are you happy with it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts