Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used the after market radio & glove box silver bezels? Like to know what the quality as far as appearence and fitment ae compared to original.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I have the aftermarket plastic chrome radio bezel...its ok...not great...cheap plastic for $175:eek:you have 3 options if you want to put a din radio in your 67....buy the aftermarket pastic one.....buy the billet aluminum one($300 i think) or make your own...mrtimstik(tom) made his own...send him a pm for pix...bm

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Sorry...I thought it was to put a modern din radio in your nova... The one you posted is good...I had one wit a usa1 radio a long time ago

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
I have the repop radio bezel and its OK,I have not seen the glove box piece.PM nova656567 Walt and ask what he thinks the quality is,he sells the stuff and is really good about giving straight answers about this .

·
Banned
872 Posts
bezel

there a set of orignal 67 headlight Bezels and ogignal radio Bezel on Dallas craigslist for like $80 bucks, do they make a repop plastic cover for the 67glove box?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not finding the repop glove box bezel in plastic but I have found it made from aluminium for like $175 bucks... ouch. I've talked to Bob Meals but he has lost his plater and cant do the vacuum plating at this time. Hopefully Bob finds anothe plater.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm keeping the factoy radio... the issue now is with the glove box door bezel.
I'd like to keep the plastic setup but nobody seems to make it in plastic. Hoping to find a plater to restore mine.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Banned
872 Posts
bezels

I'm not finding the repop glove box bezel in plastic but I have found it made from aluminium for like $175 bucks... ouch. I've talked to Bob Meals but he has lost his plater and cant do the vacuum plating at this time. Hopefully Bob finds anothe plater.
I spoke with bob meals about 9 months ago he told me he lost his Plater, and that all the prices have,liked thripled, I belive we have seen the last of bob meals his work was second to none an his prices where fair

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bob is still doing instrument bezels and heater control panels he said the chrome trim on these are CHROME HOT-STAMPED not vacuum plated.

·
Banned
872 Posts
bezels

Bob is still doing instrument bezels and heater control panels he said the chrome trim on these are CHROME HOT-STAMPED not vacuum plated.
If hes doing 67 instrument Bezels, find u a good used radio Bezel an have him redue it its the same process as the 67 instrument bezel

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If hes doing 67 instrument Bezels, find u a good used radio Bezel an have him redue it its the same process as the 67 instrument bezel
Different process according to Bob. The instrument panel and heater control panel chrome is Chrome Hot Stamped, the rest is vacuum metalized.

Heres the email he sent me...

Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2013 1:36 PM
Subject: Re: 67 Nova Dash Pieces

Dave, Thanks for the e-mail. As of today, we are crippled in our ability to restore parts. We can do the heater bezel, slide guide and the instrument bezel. We cannot do the radio face plate, arm rest bases or glove box cover. Our vacuum metalizer quit on us and has really cut down on our operations. I hope to resume the rest of the parts in the near future. Thanks, Bob Meals

·
Banned
872 Posts
bezel

Different process according to Bob. The instrument panel and heater control panel chrome is Chrome Hot Stamped, the rest is vacuum metalized.

Heres the email he sent me...

Sent: Thursday, January 3, 2013 1:36 PM
Subject: Re: 67 Nova Dash Pieces

Dave, Thanks for the e-mail. As of today, we are crippled in our ability to restore parts. We can do the heater bezel, slide guide and the instrument bezel. We cannot do the radio face plate, arm rest bases or glove box cover. Our vacuum metalizer quit on us and has really cut down on our operations. I hope to resume the rest of the parts in the near future. Thanks, Bob Meals
Dont get it the radio Bezel is argent silver like the 67insterment bezel

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its not the paint thats the issue its the process, 2 different processes ie

1 Chrome Hot Stamped
2 Vacuum Metalizing

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chrome isnt to bad on glove box door, I think I can get by with repainting insert. Radio bezel is a little shabby.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts