Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question about the mounting of a fan shroud for 1967 Nova SS. Bought a shroud from Chevy2, it appears that stand offs are needed to mount the shroud. Anyone have pictures that shows the mounting, or know where I can get standoffs. If not I guess I'll have to fab up some spacers.
Thanks for the help
Sean

·
Registered
126 Posts
Fan shroud

I would contact Chevy2 first. Chevy2 may have a spacer kit for the shroud.
I think they would want to go out of their way to help you with your problem. Let everyone know what the response is from Chevy2.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
My 67 shroud, when I was still using it, mounted with bolts directly to the back of the OEM HD replacement radiator that I bought from C2O. I never did see a listing anywhere for any kind of spacer or standoff for the shroud.

Here's a pic of my old radiator setup, with the shroud installed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rad Shroud

Thanks Rex and Nova-Kaine, the photos are what I needed. It appears my rad doesnt had the side mounting area as shown ofn Nova- Kaines photo. Hench my question about stand offs for the space between rad and shroud. I'll recheck tonight, but Cali is starting to warm up and I gotten get cooler. Thanks again for the help.

Sean 67 SS
350 with Sag 4 speed

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
This question is for Rex and Rick. I know Rex has a rad from C2only, did you have to drill new holes to mount the rad Rex? Rick is yours aftermarket and did you have to drill new holes? I plan on buying the L79 rad from C2only but dont want to drill holes.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
66nogo2 said:
This question is for Rex and Rick. I know Rex has a rad from C2only, did you have to drill new holes to mount the rad Rex? Rick is yours aftermarket and did you have to drill new holes? I plan on buying the L79 rad from C2only but dont want to drill holes.
The C2O rad bolted up perfectly to the existing holes in the core support. Couldn't have been easier. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
shroud and rad

Nogo I just ordered 327 4 core rad, shroud, no drilling required just bolts right in.Got it thru classic chevy parts in Olympia, WA.
Rick

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Hi Rick. Do you remember where you got that trick low mount alternator bracket from? And roughly how much did it cost? That is a sweet and clean bracket. Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts