Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read many threads (though none recent) on replacing the core support with repo unit. Mine is bad on top of each end at fender attachment point. In process of replacing front clip with CB unit and would like input from anyone who has experience with fit and alignment with clip and OEM fenders/grill/bumper/etc.
Goodmark - read some post about fit but they were a couple of years old. Maybe newer versions have been corrected. ??. Sherman - ?? Martz / AutoRad - don't want to spend $600 to $900. Others - ??

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Be interesting to find out how everything is going to fit ?
mine arrives wensday i will let you now how works out

·
Premium Member
2,807 Posts
I have a Martz aluminum unit in my 66 hardtop. Fit great. Bought it in 2007....$300. I think they are about $600 or so now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
railroaderman,

my 66 core support wasnt in too bad of shape but i did have to weld some cracks on both ends at the top where it attaches to the fenders (also had to weld in patches where the lower attachment points were rusted away). anyway, the core/fenders lined up almost perfectly with my CBR clip. i did have to enlarge one of the lower holes slightly but not a big deal. I dont know about how a new core support fits but if its at all possible to repair/fix your original core, they fit well.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nova66mussl - That is one fine looking engine bay. Just awesome !!! Be glad you bought the core when you did. On their website the 2019 price list has core at $650 and another $650 for radiator/shroud/dual fans. Super nice but pricey for me.

Danny88 - appreciate you letting me know how your replacement fit. Which did you buy?

Captain18B - I'm going to try and repair mine and see how it turns out. Got nothing to loose but time.

·
Premium Member
2,807 Posts
When I opened the box and saw it, I was amazed at the quality. I don't know how they could have done it for that price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts