Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/3292129045.html

Hello All, long time reader on this GREAT site, never had any reason to post.....don't have a car to talk about..but kind of....sort of starting to develop a little interest on the above car. I was wondering why this car hasn't sold it has gone from 17,000 to 12,000. Wasn't interested at first but starting to now. it's not exactly what i wanted but with some changes over time i think it would be something i would be interested in. Am i missing something? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!
PS just kicking the tires right now.
Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
172 Posts
buy it. Now.

Hey,

The reason you cant see the hubcap in the first pic is because is is running wheel with a big offset. My 15x15 wheels have almost 10 inches of depth before the lugs. It does also look strange because the center of the wheel is so much higher when you run a 31 inch tall tire in the back compared to a 25 or 26 in the back. The center of the hub ends up being 31 - 15 = 6/2 == 3 inches higher than the front.

Now, if you keep the car level, as he and i both have then you will have this issue. I decided just to leave mine all black, which I think hides the issue.

I will be switching from a pro street to a pro touring style wheel tire combo hopefully this winter. I have a picture of my BWM M5 17X8 wheel on the car. I dont like the look of the wheel on the car, im just trying to figure out how much tire i'm going to squeeze under it.
[/IMG]

Anyways .. a little off topic.. I think that if it runs half decent and there is not too much rust or other hidden problems, that that is a heel of a buy even at 12 g's

PAUL

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cheap ride!!!!!

JR those doors look from the inside ? 67. What else the dash emblem geez...it's got a dark side REAR END !!!!! So what buy it enjoy it Bobby be positive please Dave Miller

·
13,706 Posts
The VIN would tell the truth on the year of this car, but it has more '67 traits than just the front end. The door panels have the '67 lock buttons, but the coverings look generic. Both '66 and '67 door panels had a vertical stripe. The glove box cover is '67.

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your input. If anyone has anything else to add if would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Bob for the Vin info. And to 67ss502, thanks for your info, and thanks for building such a Beautiful car. If seen it a couple of times on the road got lucky one Friday nite to see it in Langley up close....WOW!!!
Take care All.

·
Registered
326 Posts
If the car looks as good as the pics $12,000.00 is a good price.
Can't even get close building one for that price.
Doesn't matter if it's a 66 or 67, Acadian or Nova, nice looking street car.
Heck I'm even considering it !

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
want to add 3rd. brake light

Hi, new to this sight where would be a good place to add a 3rd. brake light on my 1963 rag top and still look ok. thanks skinnydude

·
13,706 Posts
Hi, new to this sight where would be a good place to add a 3rd. brake light on my 1963 rag top and still look ok. thanks skinnydude
I don't think this post is relevent to this thread. You might want to try it in 1st and 2nd Generation or Electrical forums.

Bob

·
Registered
800 Posts
$$$$$$$

What a #$*&^% DEAL !!!!!, someone local should buy it, do I need a new project ?, looks good, don't temp me !!!!, but it needs a Stick !!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I guess you would need to really check out the car close up. It's been tubbed (I thought the whole "pro street" thing died in the 90's), it may be a cut up butcher job that leaves little value in the car.
I guess if you want a pro street car go for it, but for 12 grand I would think you could find a nice stock or mild hopped up Nova in good shape.

·
Registered
27 Posts
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/3292129045.html

Hello All, long time reader on this GREAT site, never had any reason to post.....don't have a car to talk about..but kind of....sort of starting to develop a little interest on the above car. I was wondering why this car hasn't sold it has gone from 17,000 to 12,000. Wasn't interested at first but starting to now. it's not exactly what i wanted but with some changes over time i think it would be something i would be interested in. Am i missing something? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!
PS just kicking the tires right now.
Thanks for your time.
Ask him for alot more pics, under the car of all floor pans, under the doors, talk to him more than once and ask him the same ? again just to see if he is saying the true and not bull ****ting and yes that car is worth every penny if its not full of bondo good luck...

·
Registered
326 Posts
NO prostreet is still alive and well, never went away just takes a bit more
money to cut up a car to make it right.
The good thing that came out of time gone by is to make them
driveable just like the street rods.

Street rodders have been driving there hot rods since the beginning.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
270 Posts
pro 67

Looking at the car emailed the guy very up front with some small problems but a 15 car all day if it goe to 10 it is coming home with me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts