Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

havent posted n a long time. my car is a 67 hardtop i drive 2-4 time a week to work and on weekends. kinda a beater . but love the lil car. engine is a 94 lt1 350 out of a z28. with around 170k miles. never rebuilt. stock cam and all. lol i swapped on a set of mildly ported stock vlv. (1.94/1.50) heads with new beehive springs and a set of 1.6 roller tip rockers. also have a mezeire elec. w/p , 1 5/8 headers, 2.5 exhaust and 2 chamber flowmasters. trans. is a rebuilt th/350 with shift kit. i swapped out the loose converter i had been running for a stock reman. unit to see how good mpg i could get. driving easy it gets around 24 mpg!
the rear is the original 8.2 10 bolt with stock 3.08 gears. i added a minispool and slapper bars. tires are 235/60 m/t drag radials.
car has factory bench seats, stereo power disc brake conversion. and drives decent..............for a chevy II. lol stops great.
ive also added a NOS dry nitrous kit i converted to 2 stage, to soften up the launch. so far best E.T. is 1.45 60ft. 6.59 @ 103 in the 8th mile.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Got that little II working for sure. Some great mpg and a fast car.:yes::yes::yes:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
That would be the perfect car to run on PassTime, you would have them totally snowed! :devil::yes: How big a shot are you running? What does it run on motor only?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
around 235 shot.
it ran 7.6s when it had a loose converter in it. with the stock converter its ran 8.18. it ran 6.69 with the loose conv, but quicker on the spray with the tight unit.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sounds like a nice little car, got it worked out pretty well too. What rear tire and type do you normally run on the street.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. 235/60 m/t drag radials. ive driven on wet roads with em and theyre not too bad. havent been in a hard rain tho.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ok it's the tire I thought, good, just planning ahead on my Acadian. Was going to try a 245 but think i may regret it later, may just be a bit to tight.:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
theres plenty of room with it. and the 7" wheel. i think theyre 4 .5 back space.
i had a 26x8.5 slick on 7" rallys and it was close.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good to know, thaks a lot, planning for the spring and the Torque Thrust D's I bought. I will measure first but have a better idea now. Rick.:yes:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Good to hear the update, perfect street car combination (we've talked on the HAMB)

Do you have anymore action pictures to share?

How about some under hood and other views of the car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I,ll try to post some more pics. Later. Off topic; my 55 chevy is incar craft mag. S engine swap edition that's in stores now. Six pg. Right up. Its the same article as the nov. Issue of car craft. But with more pics.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I'll go look for that magazine issue, your '55 is waaaaaaaaay cool too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this was a couple yrs ago. the car was still grey, had the loose converter and slicks on it. a lil slower then. NOTE; smooth idle. lol

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
thanks glenn. liked your video. what oil pan are you running?
I used the Camaro oil pan, windage tray, dipstick and tube. Fits like a glove in the TCI Pro Touring front end that I'm using.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gotcha. im running the gmpp musclecar unit n my 55. was curious which one you had. engine looks like it sits pretty low.
ive contemplated an ls swap in my nova. but, with the stock front end it would be tight. i dont have much in the lt1 swap tho. and it gets way better mpg than my 55. although its a good bit lighter and has stock tune and stock cam.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I seriously considered just slipping a LT1 in mine, I could have had one for $300 bucks, and it would have been a fast swap.

But, I decided to go with the 5.3 and then it all goes down hill from there :turn:

It's fun turning my race car back-into a street car,... I've the oposite many times before.

I'm hoping for 25+ MPG out of this combination after all is said and done.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nova runs hard, I like it alot. What suspension setup are you running? Ill have to go out and get the Car Craft issue, Id like to see the writeup on the 55.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts