Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do 67 Nova SS have center consoles or does it have bench-type seats up front?

would it be ugly if i install bench seats?

thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
SS would have bucket seats and a center console. I would do what ever you think looks good,

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to be honest the bench is for the females:D:D

·
13,715 Posts
Just for clarification, all 67 Super Sports have bucket seats, and if the car is a 4 speed or PG it will have a console. However, if it's a 3 speed manual on the column, there will be no console. There aren't many 3 speeds, but you do come across them every now and again.

Bob

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well so much for the bench i guess:D:D:D

i was looking at classicindustries.com and they have that 67 ss console available, around 450USD i think or a lil lower.

do you think thats a worthy purchase?

·
13,715 Posts
i was looking at classicindustries.com and they have that 67 ss console available, around 450USD i think or a lil lower.
do you think thats a worthy purchase?
If you continue to click on that item, I think you'll find it's out of stock, as is the 4 speed console. There were problems with the top plates several years ago and they don't seem to have remedied the problem. Anybody have any updates on availability of these consoles?

Bob

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
The manufacturer of the original consoles re-designed the bases, manufactured the shift bezels both 4-speeds, and PG's. They were in the process of having the top plates made (metal not plastic like the 1st design due out around the first part of 2009) when the economy went down the toilet last year. When I was ordering other parts from the manufacturer he told me the top plates were on the back burner until things turned around. :(

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Are you trying to keep it original? I like buckets myself. If you want a console and not worried about orignal I would make one that suites your needs. Ive seen some really nice one on here that I would rather have over a stock one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm i see... i still have the bucket seats... but no console... so i might try and use a bench type one... you know where i can get one? or can i have it custom made?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts