Chevy Nova Forum banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you help me out Please. I bought a 67 nova and the guy cut the whole floor and firewall out but didn't braces it. can you measure your car from Rocker seam to Rocker seam and tell me what the measurement is so I can brace it. Thank you

·
Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Looks great! Can't wait to see show she comes together. I'm not much further ahead. Mine is still in the body shop but waiting on paint(funds) at this point.
Thank You, killerrudy, be sure to keep us updated on yours... I can’t wait to see this thing in one solid color, even if it’s primer!

·
Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Can you help me out Please. I bought a 67 nova and the guy cut the whole floor and firewall out but didn't braces it. can you measure your car from Rocker seam to Rocker seam and tell me what the measurement is so I can brace it. Thank you View attachment 403448
Not a problem, here you go. These measurements are from the inner flange to inner flange. The width of the car is slightly narrower at the back of the rockers then the front. Let me know if you need anything else!

D55E910F-3F25-42BB-AA8B-90A81C72E6A9.jpeg

·
Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Cars looking great perfect timing summers coming have you decided on the hood ?
Hey Steve, thanks! Yeah, after much deliberation, I think I’m gonna go with a flat hood. Just recently came to that conclusion so haven’t bought anything. There’s something about the flat hoods on these cars that appeals to me. Plus with all the other stuff I have planned, I like keeping it traditional in other ways. If you’ve still got one of those hoods, let me know, maybe I can squeeze it into my budget!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not a problem, here you go. These measurements are from the inner flange to inner flange. The width of the car is slightly narrower at the back of the rockers then the front. Let me know if you need anything else!

View attachment 403469
Thanks Gmachine!!! I will let you know if I do. Keep up the great work!! This is one of my favorite post to follow.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Gmachine, great build and inspiration! Question, I think im gonna replace my driver side quarter and door shell/door. What brand quarter and door did you buy? How do the body lines compare with the originals? And how was fitment?

thanks,

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Oh goodie , the shoebox is in the garage . Now the real fun begins =)

·
Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Gmachine, great build and inspiration! Question, I think im gonna replace my driver side quarter and door shell/door. What brand quarter and door did you buy? How do the body lines compare with the originals? And how was fitment?

Thank you, CAPTAIN18B, the quarters came with the car when I bought it but I was told they were AMD sheet metal although there were no stickers or identifiers on them. I got the doors from Snolan on here and they were extremely nice, original shells that had been re-skinned (andvery nicely done at that). The rest of the sheet metal on the car is also repop stuff but I have to say that it all lines up quite well. The original quarters had been cut off already when I got the car and these had been “fitted” and loosely attached so I can say 100% on the how the lines compare. The body shop had to massage some areas on the quarters where the rocker seam is and they did some work to make sure the tail light mounting surfaces were flat and the lights fit properly but other then that, I don’t see where any extraordinary measures were taken anywhere else on the car. I think the doors being the quality they are helped things as well. Overall, I’ve been very impressed and overall surprised by how well things have come together on it.

thanks,
Oh goodie , the shoebox is in the garage . Now the real fun begins =)
Yes, indeed! I’m ready to start putting things on instead of cutting things off!

·
Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
So, got my DSE Quadralink and Ford 9” today for the Nova. Super excited to get started on the install. This will be my first venture with a 9” but before pulling the trigger, I spent some time on the phone with GearFX and got some education. I was worried about gear whine based on some threads I’ve seen but I really wanted to switch it up a little on this car vs my Camaro and after talking thru stuff with them, I had a good comfort level. Those guys are super great and spent the time talking me thru options, etc. so I’m confident all will be well. Since this isn’t a crazy HP build I went with the S series center section and 3.70 gears knowing I can always change it later if needed.

I’ve also been stockpiling some odds and ends to mock up the brake and fuel systems while it’s on the rotisserie. I think that’ll be a time and energy saver.

I’m so ready to see this thing sitting on the ground but still have a ways to go...Thanks for looking!
0AE5F1DF-75A9-4A9F-814B-70338022FDB6.jpeg
97C2DE1F-9835-4DD3-84A2-C49CBCD65A57.jpeg
04D6B56F-FBBE-45D0-8B85-1F65801B00E6.jpeg
9BD6BAF1-54BD-496B-9360-5F4442330422.jpeg
994F8621-9945-4DF9-B872-04F1BE95B77F.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,996 Posts
Wow that is quite a load of parts. Save the Evan Williams until after you get everything installed!

·
Registered
713 Posts
What size sway bar did you get for the Quad?
This car is getting all the good stuff!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
What size sway bar did you get for the Quad?
This car is getting all the good stuff!

Thanks, I put all DSE stuff in my 68 Camaro and it’s worth every penny to me. The swaybar’s 3/4”...that’s apparently the only size you can get.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thanks, I put all DSE stuff in my 68 Camaro and it’s worth every penny to me. The swaybar’s 3/4”...that’s apparently the only size you can get.
Mine is getting all DSE as well have been real happy with there quality on everything and I'm sure the handling will be top notch for as old a car as it is. I had 3 options when ordering the quad, wasn't sure what size so left it out lol something I still need to buy

101 - 120 of 152 Posts