Chevy Nova Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Of course, I just had to see this sexy thing sitting somewhere close to its future home. Should have the firewall/floor pan braces, trunk drops and core support by Friday so maybe it’ll actually get bolted in place soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Put in a long day today but accomplished what I set out to get done. First of all, I bought me a 120v spot welder from Harbor Freight. Wasn’t sure how that was gonna work out but it actually worked quite well. I knew I’d be limited on where I could use it but just being able to do the firewall and cowl panels alone would be worth it. Here’s a shot of the firewall after welding it across the top. Should make the bodywork side much easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Also got the rest of the vital parts in on Friday to get the ground work for the front end done as well as the trunk drops. I must say I’m quite impressed with the quality of the core support.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Next up I got the firewall/floor pan supports fitted up and welded in. Theses fit pretty good as well and I used the subframe to make sure everything was in the right spot. So glad to have that part done! I also managed to get my hand with a 60 grit flapper disc, right thru the glove! Word to the wise, wear leather gloves for that stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Finally, the moment I’ve been waiting for. I’ve been anxious to see the car to this point for a multitude of reasons, mainly because it actually looks like a car but also just love the looks of that subframe with the inner fenders. Here’s a few random shots...
Next up is getting it off that metal frame and on some jack stands or casters of some kind.

Attachments

·
Registered
448 Posts
If only I could move along as fast as you! Car is looking sick all aligning good with that hydroformed front

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Shane, wish i know you needed a spot welder i would have made you a deal but mines 220 not sure i ever used it i have a couple if the optional tips.

https://www.usaweld.com/Spot-Welders-s/78.htm

These guys have lots of tips but not cheap

Steve
Yeah, I looked at the 220 version as well. It was kind of an impulse buy but I do like those optional tips they have!

If only I could move along as fast as you! Car is looking sick all aligning good with that hydroformed front

Thank you! It’s just a matter of timing...I’ve been stocking up parts for a bit and just didn’t have time to do anything with them. I took some days off to 1. Decompress from work and 2. make progress on he car and get all the new sheet metal installed. Now I’ll start the process again and stockpile some more parts. Now to save up for the rear suspension and front sheet metal components. I’ve got several small jobs that need to be done in the meantime and need to get the extra holes in the firewall closed up and I plan to relocate the fuse block, etc.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great build and really appreciate the photos.I to am in southern In. Bloomington to be exact. I am getting ready to install a dynacorn floor and gm quarters .your thread has been inspiring

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Great build and really appreciate the photos.I to am in southern In. Bloomington to be exact. I am getting ready to install a dynacorn floor and gm quarters .your thread has been inspiring
Wow, thanks, I’m always glad to help out! My girl is from Bloomington so I’m up there on a fairly regular basis. This car actually came from the Clayton area up there, just West of Plainfield.
Be sure to post up some pics of your floor pan replacement!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Amazing build. I thought mine was a basket but yours started farther back and has well past me. Looks like great part and panel selections and nice workspace. Good luck with next steps looks great.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Amazing build. I thought mine was a basket but yours started farther back and has well past me. Looks like great part and panel selections and nice workspace. Good luck with next steps looks great.
Thanks, I think!:D lol. She was definitely a rough one but it’s coming around. I appreciate all the words of encouragement!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cool to see you bring this car back from the dead. Car is looking awesome!!
When you replaced the rockers did you use the 1 piece inner/outer rockers or just the full outer rockers?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Thought I’d share an update...nothing earth shattering but it’s getting closer. I wanted to have the body panel alignment done professionally and while they were at it, I decided to go ahead and replace the entire A-pillar panels instead of patching them as well as the roof panel and drip rails. The shop should be done this week with those components as well as sealing up the lower cowl panel so the upper cowl can be welded on. After that, the plan is to get it home and on the rotisserie so I can dress some welds on the underside, get the Quadralink installed and finish filling the firewall holes. From there it’ll get the complete body shell bead blasted and put in epoxy primer. So far Im very happy with how everything is coming together, especially given what it looked like when I started.
B220206B-9994-41F1-BEA4-88E8A9C84DF9.jpeg
78D39F6D-3913-49AD-A09C-3F7AFE6297B0.jpeg
B220206B-9994-41F1-BEA4-88E8A9C84DF9.jpeg
78D39F6D-3913-49AD-A09C-3F7AFE6297B0.jpeg
472D2D4D-E356-4C94-8307-0FE739760D02.jpeg
B967D13D-7ABC-48F4-87BB-F7F54CC95C86.jpeg
8A2C4EB3-89C4-4CCA-A4DE-AAF9B7C7A994.jpeg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Here’s a shot of the front end sitting on standby. I’m undecided wether to go with a cowl hood or the flat hood...there’s something about the flat hood that’s appealing to me. Also had to get the tail lights for the shop to fit the tail panel fitment done so picked up a pair of these...
B8C0F8C7-4450-4F78-8EBC-EC889EFBA023.jpeg
444952E1-C1E6-4CED-82F7-A290FEA8C254.jpeg

·
Registered
448 Posts
I personally really like the 2" cowls on those years I think it really fits into the rest of the car. But of course the stock hood also looks good and is real clean

61 - 80 of 97 Posts