Chevy Nova Forum banner
221 - 240 of 308 Posts

· Registered
726 Posts
Color, probably one of the toughest choices when not doing a factory restoration. Mine was originally regal red. Kinda want to go back with a nice red, but I keep going back to black or another factory color like green.
Tough choice, looking forward the what you pick Gmachine

· Registered
86 Posts
Mine was white when I got it, originally sandalwood tan. I was toying with going original, then played with some blues and greens, but I’m sticking with white, with the fawn interior and a sandalwood ish tan on the interior sheet metal. Good luck with your choice.

· Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Color, probably one of the toughest choices when not doing a factory restoration. Mine was originally regal red. Kinda want to go back with a nice red, but I keep going back to black or another factory color like green.
Tough choice, looking forward the what you pick Gmachine
I agree Captain, I forgot how tough it is to choose…haven’t had to worry about it for awhile. I figured as it got closer that I’d just “know” but it would seem I’m no closer!

Even though my car is dark gray… I do like a nice clean white car… Probably would’ve done mine white if I didn’t go with the gray.
I hear ya, I love a dark color as well and your car looks menacing, especially with the dark trim! There’s something from the beginning that has always drawn me back to white. There’s just something clean and sanitary about a white Nova with all the chrome trim and polished wheels…plus it doesn’t show dirt as bad! It sounds petty, but I have a white work truck and my wife has a white Jeep so we weren’t sure if we wanted another white vehicle, lol…probably not the best metric to use for a decision but it comes up in the conversation!

· Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
Mine was white when I got it, originally sandalwood tan. I was toying with going original, then played with some blues and greens, but I’m sticking with white, with the fawn interior and a sandalwood ish tan on the interior sheet metal. Good luck with your choice.
Thank you, I’ve really been enjoying seeing your progress! Can’t wait to see mine looking like a complete car like yours. As crazy as it sounds, if I could find a set of vinyl top trip, that’d be a huge determining factor on my color choice. Been looking for a long time but I always seem to be late to the party when a set pops up. I know they’re expensive, but I’d rather not pay a record-setting price either. I keep telling myself that patience will pay off!

· Registered
1963 Nova coupe, Phoenix Arizona
2,413 Posts
I hear ya, we call it Arizona white, half the car’s here are white so they don’t catch on fire 🔥

there was one build a guy was doing in California… I think Palmdale? It was a first GEN with that was pearl white and all the trim was a light gray. It was just a very clean looking build, of course a lot of high-end parts on it like yours.

· Registered
1967 Nova SS
2,190 Posts
Factory color on mine was Ermine White. But, the PO went with a "brighter" white, not sure of name or type of paint. Reason I know is when I had the passenger fender "touched" up (long story) the Ermine White I bought didn't match. At any rate, here's what my White one looks like FYI.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

· Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
Factory color on mine was Ermine White. But, the PO went with a "brighter" white, not sure of name or type of paint. Reason I know is when I had the passenger fender "touched" up (long story) the Ermine White I bought didn't match. At any rate, here's what my White one looks like FYI.

View attachment 433126
Thanks Railroaderman, that’s a clean ride for sure. My car was also Ermine White originally.

Man, what a great build Shane! And kudos to you for documenting it so well!
Thank you, most appreciated. I’ve got some additional info to add with part numbers that may help the next person but wanna make sure I don’t have to change anything before I post it up. Thanks for tuning in!

Thanks G, I enjoy watching yours also, mine being more complete looking is just a mirage! I have never seen the vinyl top trim in person or for sale, but if I do, I will direct you to it.
I appreciate that, Delo, I seen a couple of cars with them in person but have yet to score some for sale. Luckily I’ve got some time still before I’d need any!

Here is Tuxedo Black.. originally Tahoe Turquoise Has NOS GM bumper Guards now.

Dave
67 Nova Boy
Thanks for posting up the pics Dave, you can’t go wrong with a black Nova. I love the redline tires and bumper guards!

· Registered
50 Posts
Wanted to start a build thread on my 67 Nova. I had a 66 for my first car and traded it for a 68 Camaro. I still have the Camaro but I've wanted another 66-67 Chevy II for a while. I found this beauty and the plan is to build it up right with upgraded suspension, steering , brakes, etc. and make a nice driver. Here's what it looks like now. It came with new rear quarters, tail panel, inner outer side cowl panels, firewall and upper/lower cowl panels and some original doors and deck lid. The crappy frame and Dana 60 rear will be sold off and some Detroit Speed hardware will be taking its place.
Few questions when you get time. I am looking for a 67 chevy 2 project. If you've already installed your floor,price,fitment did you do the work, or and what company did you buy? Thanks,D

· Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
Few questions when you get time. I am looking for a 67 chevy 2 project. If you've already installed your floor,price,fitment did you do the work, or and what company did you buy? Thanks,D
Hey 72deuce, I purchased a one piece floor pan from Classic Industries and installed it myself. It didn’t have any markings or indicators as to who the manufacturer was so I couldn’t tell you. My guess is either Dynacorn or Real Deal Steel.

· Registered
50 Posts
Hey 72deuce, I purchased a one piece floor pan from Classic Industries and installed it myself. It didn’t have any markings or indicators as to who the manufacturer was so I couldn’t tell you. My guess is either Dynacorn or Real Deal Steel.
That was the best two vendors I thought. How was it for fit? I have a 72 Sport coupe project. I live 30 minutes west of South Bend,In. How about you? Also I hope to find a project manual trans car next year to 18 months. I always end up with projects

221 - 240 of 308 Posts