67 Nova, Nothin Special
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #181

·
Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
A little more progress over the last week or so. Haven’t had a lot of time to work on it but chipping away at some basic items. Wanted to get the Dynamat and Dynaliner down in some key areas so I could proceed with getting some other steps done so did the firewall and back seat area as well as part of the trunk area where the battery mount and II Much fuel vent will be. Also wanted to make some bulkhead panels and close off the trunk area. Made some 20ga panels and rolled some beads in them for rigidity. Used some 3M 8115 panel bond for the two small panels and will keep the center panel removable. Still need to bend up the lower close out piece for the center panel but I’ve got the template made and then I’ll cover it in Dynamat as well. You can’t see it in these pics but on the trunk side of the passenger close out panel I fabbed a bracket that’s spot welded to the panel for future mounting of the PWM fuel pump controller.

So when I built my Camaro, I used the 1/4” Dynaliner over the top of the Dynamat Extreme and have been very happy with the results so as a bit of an experiment, I decided to use 1/2” Dynaliner on the inner firewall area and rear footwell areas around the subframe connectors and then use 1/4” everywhere else throughout the car. An extra 1/4” doesn’t sound like much much good Lord it’s thick. I’ll be trimming out certain areas that I can’t have that much bulk in such as where the master cylinder and fuse box will mount but for the most part, it didn’t cause any issues. In hindsight, I should’ve stuck with the 1/4” thick stuff throughout.

Lastly, I got my proportioning valve mounting bracket template made so I can get it fabbed up and then finish bending the front brake lines for the subframe/ MC area. I’ve got my AC evaporator mounted so one of the next items is to get the mount fabricated for my defroster ducts and then I can move back to the trunk area and get the battery mount and fuel tank vent mounted so I can begin to make rough plans for the placement of certain electrical system components. Anyways, here’s a few pics...Thanks for tuning in!

673D503D-491E-4BFD-BF6F-9BE757AC38EF.jpeg
FE08364A-6572-4CBD-94C2-BA2A556E5D40.jpeg
A48D68A1-FBD4-4346-B296-B59F7B3A8840.jpeg
23A2D0D1-A467-4A9A-9D4D-D0A71EFF6CFF.jpeg

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I just read through this thread. You have come a long way. This car is going to be well balanced in terms of performance and handling. I'll be following the progress. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: LSCustoms

·
Registered
91 Posts
Before you get any further in reassembly. Could you possibly take a closer up picture of rear quarter window support area. I am going to need to fab mine as I couldn't buy just that portion of the body panel and the rear portion was cut out for full tubs. I am trying to attach the cross bars for the window guides. I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Sure, no problem. Here you go...which side do you need (or both)? I may have an inner structure panel that I bought to use for a patch; I’ll have to look and see if it made it home from the body shop. The top portion of the panel was bent so they agreed to sell it to me separately. At the time they were only selling it as a kit along with some other inner structure panels. Looks like they sell it separately now but it’s mighty pricey. It might be tomorrow evening before I get a chance to look.

EE812449-E443-434E-875A-0C7823A5673A.jpeg
14606F61-0A4D-431F-A54F-4693112BAC34.jpeg

·
Registered
91 Posts
I appreciate it. Those are perfect pictures. Yeah I called a company and they quoted 1900 for the inner (each side) but even though it shows it being 4 different parts if I remember correctly but would not separate them up for me. The yellow part is what was cut out of my car when I purchased it and the red sections are what I was worried about because that is the window silde attachment areas.

·
Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Yeah, when I did mine, those panels weren’t available by themselves either. If they were I would’ve replaced them so I ended up patching mine in the wheel tub flange and rocker flange areas. Looks like they do sell them separately now (see pic). These are listed for $609/pair. I’ve purchased parts from these guys and never had any issues. I bought my roof skin, A-pillar assemblies and some other small items from them and have no complaints. The panel I have has had the tub flange cut off and the top of the panel (the painted part that’s visible under the qtr glass) is badly bent. That’s why I was able to get it separately and at a discounted price since it was damaged in shipment and returned by someone else. You might call around and see if anyone has any damaged panels that you could use for patches. I’ve done that in the past several times and it’s paid off. Scored some parts for the Nova and even scored some brand new Anvil carbon fiber inner fenders for my 68 Camaro at a discounted price...plus you normally wait 6 months or more for production and I got them right away.

EDDA0ADF-A844-45B1-875D-1840A3F9A680.jpeg

181 - 191 of 191 Posts