Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
395 Posts
Haven’t posted any updates for awhile but been stockpiling parts and waiting on the car to get some love at the body shop. The car’s close to coming home with the front sheet metal, bezels, grill, etc. fitted along with some other odds and ends that I haven’t had time to do. In the meantime, I’ve basically got everything needed to build a complete car with the exception of the soft interior items and exhaust. Haven’t decided on what direction I’m going with the front seats or mufflers yet but I know I want everything else to be stock-appearing. When I get the car back, I’ll just need to decide which parts I wanna complete while waiting for the car to go back in for final bodywork & paint. Among the list of parts sitting in my basement are 14” Bear 6P brakes front/rear, Entropy radiator, Holley Midmount accessory drive kit, Shiftworks shifter, AAW Classic Update kit, GM engine harness and computer, Dakota Digital VHX gauge cluster, new automatic console, Rick’s tank with corner pickups and ZL1 pump, new grill, NOS headlight bezels, bumpers, original trim pieces (that need polished), all the items needed to plumb my trans cooler lines, AC lines and condenser, misc. interior and door parts to start fitting the mechanical things up and just got my wheels and tires from Forgeline today so I’m pretty excited to get started on some stuff soon. I wanted to have all the parts needed to complete the major systems on the car…HVAC, Driveline, brakes, fuel, cooling, electrical, audio, etc. so I could resolve any real-estate and fitment issues ahead of time.

I’m on the fence on installing some Nu Relics power windows…the wife wants them but I’m curious to hear any input from those that have them; are the worth it? Do they function properly? Are they slow or jerky fast? I’m ok with doing the door glass but after looking at the instructions, I’m not cutting up my inner quarter panels to install the motors for the quarter windows…I’ve spent too much time/effort fixing the body to butcher any of the inner structures again.

Anyway, here’s a few teaser pics…more to come in the near future. Thanks for looking!
View attachment 444404 View attachment 444405 View attachment 444406 View attachment 444407
Man I love those, if I win the lottery those are the ones I am getting. Be about $11k or more in Canada no tires. Beautiful, can't wait to see all those boxes empty and parts on the car.

· Registered
395 Posts
Hopefully Numbersguy does not mind me responding-
Today the Canadian Dollar is trading at .76 to 1 U.S. Dollar. But I would actually calculate at .70 to be safe so right there add 30% to what you paid. Shipping to a door step in Canada is a whole experience in itself with todays shipping fees plus a person would pay a brokerage fee on the import. Here in New Brunswick we pay a combined tax of 15%- on top of this anything that is imported from the U.S. but manufactured outside the U.S. is subject to another 6%.
So yeah - it costs a lot .
As an example- I ordered a third brake light for my 65 from Florida for around $35.00 U.S.- by the time I had it delivered to my door step- it was just shy of $150 Canadian. The brokerage fees alone were over $40 Canadian and the shipping was $40.
You guys live in an aftermarket paradise:cool:
Don't mind at all. It is the brokerage fees, shipping cost and exchange rate on everything. Luckily in AB here so only 5% for now but moving to NB next fall, lol, to be closer to kids and grand kids. I estimate the cost to build a car to be 40% - to 50% higher in Canada. than the US. Since the cost of everything here is far more expensive, like paint and body work, parts.

· Registered
395 Posts
Finally had a little time to work on the Nova. Was able to get the Holley mid-mount accessory drive installed and mock up the Entropy radiator. No room for the fans that came with it so I removed them and will have to source some “shorter” ones to clear the acc drive. I knew this was gonna be an area of concern so no big surprise. I’ve had such good results from the same drive system on my Camaro that I just didn’t wanna use anything else so I’ll figure it out.

Also got the front and rear brakes installed. Still need to complete the lines but it’s one step closer. After that I just had to stick the wheels on there, of course. I didn’t realize up to this point that the front lug nuts I had ordered have never shown up so I had to use a few acorn nuts to get by. Not sure if it’s just me but I agonized over lug nuts, of all things. The fronts are the standard chrome variation but I finally found some cool ones for the rear. I put a pic below for any other lug nut snobs out there! Between the big brakes, 4-link and fat tires in the back, it’s a complete PITA the get the rear wheels off…also not a surprise but definitely gonna hurt my feelings if I ever get a flat! Anyway, thanks for looking!
View attachment 448524 View attachment 448525 View attachment 448526 View attachment 448527 View attachment 448528 View attachment 448529 View attachment 448530 View attachment 448531 View attachment 448532
I know I have said this before but damn those wheels are beautiful. Nice work on the whole build gonna be something to be proud of and a hoot to drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts