Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 that is in need of the drivers site frame, trunk floor, trunk drops, wheel wells, quarters, Full tail panel. I am sure I am missing something back there.

My question is do I go factory and replace the floor & frame rails in one shot for $1000 Chevy II Nova Complete Trunk Floor

OR

Do I replace the factory frame rails & add sub frame connectors for $285 from Summit ?

The big question is, if I use the Summit frame rails, do I have to use a roll bar? I do not intend on racing this car, except for the occasional Friday nights at Atco. The car will have a nice mild small block when complete.

Thanks for your opinions
Dave

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I would go the original route. From what i seen is that when you use the summit frame rails and what not, thats usually when tubbing is happening. Also I think you can and should run the subframe connectors with the stock frame rails. JMO

·
Registered
309 Posts
If you do the $1000 rear frame/ trunk pan:pics::pics::pics:I have to untub my 66, my son asked for it and even though he won't be driving for another7-9 yearsI would like to see what i am up against.

·
Registered
566 Posts
sounds like it is a good parts donor car to fix up a car in better shape.

"I am sure I am missing something back there"

Yeah, about 30% of your rear steel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts