Chevy Nova Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 SS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This company also makes an offset shifter. I want to do this mod in the future. I’ve been watching what people are doing.
I spoke with them a few weeks ago. They said I could ship my tranny to them and they would make the necessary modifications. Good turnaround and reasonable pricing but will try some other options first.

·
Premium Member
67 SS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
I also have the Tremec from Silversport and the TCI front with an LS3 and I don’t believe the shifter position being one inch to the passenger side would make a whole lot of difference as it looks like the shifter stem can be bolted from either side of the shifter bracket on the trans. I haven’t installed the shifter yet on mine but it looks like in can.
Rob
Do you have a photo?

Just to verify...the car is 67?

Do you have the model number of the Silversport offset?

Thanks, Mike

·
Premium Member
67 SS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Based on the measurements in the photos, to get the TKX shifter in the stock location for a 67 the shifter needs a 90 degree x 4" offset to the driver side and moved forward 1 1/2". This assumes that the shifter is rotated to the forward location. That's significant.

Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Audio equipment Gas Camera accessory Auto part

·
Registered
614 Posts
That's what we have been pointing out. The shifters in the right location are made by thos respective companies and the trans is modified for it to fit. I don't think either sells just the shifter as a bolt on option yet. It might effect warranty if they as licensed sellars don't do it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts