Chevy Nova Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Working on the wiring now, kind of fun but kind of a PITA. I should be done with it this week though, reading through the forums on ls1tech, this site, lt1swap, YouTube and some others I think I got it figured out. I won’t fire the engine until I get the exhaust finished but the headers are around a two week wait so we won’t hear it run for about two or three weeks.😎

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Worked on the car some this weekend. Finished the throttle cable, radiator/fan mounting, mounted ecm, ran obd2 wiring into car, routed fuel line and fuel pump wiring, fuse block is temporarily wired for startup. Now I am waiting on the headers and driveshaft. I decided to purchase a new driveshaft instead of shortening my old one. I will update next weekend, hopefully the headers and driveshaft are here by then.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I have slowed down working on the car due to waiting on the headers. I have mostly everything else needed to fire the car and start driving it. I will update again once headers get here and get installed. Hopefully everything goes smoothly!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well the stock manifolds just won’t work without extensive alcohol and time, neither I have. So just spent 940 dollars for the CBR headers and down pipes. Wife said do what is needed to finish the car so we pulled the trigger.
So did you go with CBR mid length headers?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Still waiting on headers, Chuck said they were being made last week so hopefully I get them by this weekend. Pandemic really slowed them down compared to all other places I purchased from in the last two months. Hopefully they are all ok. So in the meantime I have been making progress of a bunch of little things. Almost got the driveshaft loop fabbed and welded up (pics to come). Pulled interior to add insulation, seatbelts and insulation. Some wiring, got some different injectors installed, finished front crossmember and bolted back in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Yes sir, I purchased a new one and notched it then welded back up to fit in same bolt holes. Only had to remove small portion.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Headers should be here tomorrow, very excited. Hp tuners came in today so I can get a tune in the car so it will run decent for startup and break in. I’ve been slow this week due to back pain so not sure when I will get it all back together. I really want to hear this thing fire up this weekend! Hopefully my back heals quickly. I did manage to get the home made driveshaft loop welded up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Headers are here! They look nice and are well made as everyone said. But since my engine is 2 1/4” forward the driver side header hit the gear box in two places and barely miss the column shift arm. I had to raise the engine just to slide the driver header in from underneath. More work to do to make them fit but they are going to fit and work well I think. They are very close frame and engine block so not sure if it will hit during idle or acceleration yet. Fingers crossed it gets fired up this weekend!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
With the current engine location I was able to have good clearance behind the heads to firewall and the 4l60e fit perfectly with the 700r4 tranny crossmember without modification so I want to keep it there. I also wanted to keep my steering column shifter and I think it will work with the Lokar linkage I purchased. It is a nice piece. More pics to come!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well car runs good and sounds awesome. I have many things to finish up but it runs good so far with no real issues, had a oil leak at the pressure gauge, and one of my pulleys is making an annoying sound. Went for a couple 20 minute blasts so far and it is powerful and a lot of fun! Will post video when I get one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Had some time to clean up the shop and build some bucket seats for the back porch too! Car is running good, still working on the tune but runs good and sounds good. Of course the stock stall and 308 gears don’t make it a fast car but it will still runout pretty good. Cruises nicely though.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts