Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m probably going to sell everything that I take off. The engine smoked some so it would at least need new rings but it ran pretty good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
V8 mounts installed, cleaned up the engine bay, and had time to take the rear diff cover off to check the rear. Seems it has 3.08 gear. I will probably change this out in the future for 3:73 limited slip.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tanks inc showed up today, looks very nice. I’m still waiting on the pump and everything else that’s in the kit. The tank is drop shipped from Tanks inc. I should have most of my parts this week to finish assembling the engine and hopefully drop her in for test fitting this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
116 Posts
Looking good. I used a Tanks, Inc. setup in my LS3 swap for my Camaro and it’s been working great for over a year now...You’ll be happy with it. You can mount your Corvetter style filter/regulator close to the tank and keep your return line short. Keeps it clean and simple not running two lines the length of the car. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking good. I used a Tanks, Inc. setup in my LS3 swap for my Camaro and it’s been working great for over a year now...You’ll be happy with it. You can mount your Corvetter style filter/regulator close to the tank and keep your return line short. Keeps it clean and simple not running two lines the length of the car. Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the info and tips.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Previous owner replaced the fuel tank just before I purchased the car so someone will end up with a really nice fuel tank when I’m done!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cam swap and engine assembly is delayed due to not so good looking cam bearings. Will be tearing back down to install new bearings. Hopefully all goes well! I did get the rest of my fuel parts today but didn’t get a chance to take any pics. I’ll take some tomorrow and post. Also got the exhaust system on Tuesday.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought the rest of the fuel kit came in but only the tank brackets showed up. Ordered new cam bearings so hopefully I can get those swapped out next weekend and reassemble the engine. Ill keep y’all posted on progress.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally got the rest of the fuel kit from CPP. Looks pretty nice. I got three different shipments, got the tank then the tank straps then the rest of the kit which comes with mostly everything except wiring from tank to relay. I should be getting the cam bearings and everything else to reassemble the engine this weekend. With some luck it will be ready to be placed in the engine bay next week! I’ll post some updates this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
As with the cam bearings you'll have a few setbacks along the way but keep your head down and forge ahead. Look forward to the end product.
PS: I'm on the final leg of a several year long LS swap, I speak with some personal experience. Lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As with the cam bearings you'll have a few setbacks along the way but keep your head down and forge ahead. Look forward to the end product.
PS: I'm on the final leg of a several year long LS swap, I speak with some personal experience. Lol
Thanks man, yeah I ran into a couple already and haven’t even started the cam bearing removal or install! Thanks for the motivation and encouragement!

·
Registered
576 Posts
There's so many awesome smart people here that'll help you out anytime. Remember there is no stupid question.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts