Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this 67 hardtop and it has holes in the hood that appears to be original.Can this be OE ?:confused::confused:

·
13,689 Posts
You betcha! A very few '67 Chevy IIs had an emblem that very shape and in that very spot. I'm sure we can get someone to post a pic.

Bob

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Yea i believe very early production 67's got the hood emblem, pretty rare but i have seen a couple

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
I found one at pick and pull many years ago,it was on a strippy 4dr.There is a guy locally that has a 67 SS that he has had for 30+ years and he swears it came with the hood emblem.And still wears it today.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

You betcha! A very few '67 Chevy IIs had an emblem that very shape and in that very spot. I'm sure we can get someone to post a pic.

Bob
The holes look OE with the
light blue paint in them. I have never seen a emblem on the hood of a 67.:)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
At the gm nationals at carlisle this past spring , there was a man there who was selling a bunch of nos gm parts and he had a nos 67 hood emblem, but wanted good money for it, there was a 67 sedan on ebay not long ago that still had the hood emblem

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
My 67 SS had one on the original hood! I still have the hood but can't bring myself to drilling holes in the new hood after it was painted!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts