Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Jesse and the proud owner of a long-neglected 1967 Chevy II Nova 4 door sedan.

The car was given to me by my aunt about 8-10 years ago and was her father's. He might have been the original owner. I basically never drove the car and it's just been sitting that whole time, now I am trying to get it running again so I can move it out of my mother's driveway and to my place where it will be more convenient to work on.

The interior is completely shot, and the paint isn't great, but the body is straight and I haven't seen any rust yet. My goal with the car is get it running and looking pretty good. I have no dreams of big power with this car, just want to have some fun with it around town on weekends.

It has it's share of issues from sitting, and from before sitting, which I'll be inquiring about in other forums. I've already learned a lot from the site :)

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Welcome to the site. Lots of info here. This is the only nova site you will need to ask questions on because the answers are here just for the asking. Good luck with your build and hope you enjoy the time you spend on repairing your nova.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Welcome to SNS!

Take advantage of all the knowledge and expertise here! :yes: :yes:

Post some pics when you get a chance!

Good luck with the project!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
:welcome:JESSE :waving:TO SNS:yes:HAVE FUN:beer::beer1::devil:AND GOOD LUCK:prost::thumbsup::chev:
:pics:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are your pics:

Where the car has been sitting (usually covered) for 8-10 years

The 283, complete with mouse turds on the intake manifold. One of you sticklers will probably make fun of my plug wire routing :yes:

The front bench:

Front door:

Rear seat and headliner coming down:

Dumb question: how do I check the oil? No dipstick.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Its all there from looks of it.....

Needs a radio or had a delete plate on the dash....Whatever you chosse is up to you :yes:

I think that they have aftermarket interior parts/panels that you can order for that stock look....esp for a 4 door....

Hows the gas tank on her ......???

Good luck with her :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its all there from looks of it.....

Needs a radio or had a delete plate on the dash....Whatever you chosse is up to you :yes:

I think that they have aftermarket interior parts/panels that you can order for that stock look....esp for a 4 door....

Hows the gas tank on her ......???

Good luck with her :D
It had the original radio plate, but someone roughly installed a non-stock radio and in the process drilled/broke some of the plastic. I think I may stick to a stock-looking am/fm (hopefully with an aux in in the back) but right now I'm just trying to get it running good.

I pulled the gas tank and it actually looks pretty clean inside. Probably not original. There's a bit of rusty colored sludge I couldn't completely clean out so I just installed an additional in line cheap filter next to the pump inlet so I can keep things clean.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice car ! I'm stuck on the white walls, LOVE IT !!! Have fun bonding with her...

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Dumb question: how do I check the oil? No dipstick.
its there somewhere...keep looking.....get under the car and look at the oil pan....there may not be a dipstick...just a dipstick hole....you can buy a 283 dipstick on ebay...I would not try to start the car until you confirm there is oil in there.bm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts