Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the site and new to my '63 NOVA WAGON. Arizona . . . I am trying to find 5 lug front end parts what donor car parts bolt on? I have a guy down the street that has the 5 lug stuff from a 65-67 Chevelle (from the spindles out. with only one lower control arm and one top) anyone know if this set up will work? if so what is involved? thanks

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
if 5 lug is what you want, look for 64-67 nova spindles. You will have to have them machined ( not a big deal). Or just go out and buy a disk brake kit. Might be the cheapest route to go. Figure out exactly what you want out of the car and just go that route. Do you want stock height or lowered? Will you want to replace the front clip to something like a tci etc or would a CPP mini kit do? Lots of options.

Cesar

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if 5 lug is what you want, look for 64-67 nova spindles. You will have to have them machined ( not a big deal). Or just go out and buy a disk brake kit. Might be the cheapest route to go. Figure out exactly what you want out of the car and just go that route. Do you want stock height or lowered? Will you want to replace the front clip to something like a tci etc or would a CPP mini kit do? Lots of options.

Cesar
I think right now i am fine with drums, I just need the 5 lug parts so i can change wheels. I found a guy with 65 Nova front brakes, hopefully they will work. the 67 chevelle parts are much cheaper i just dont know about fitment.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just like Cesar said, you need 64-67 Nova 5 lug spindles are the easiest route for a quick bolt in swap and for keeping drum brakes and your same single pot master cylinder. I believe also if you can find disc brakes from a later Nova 68-74, those will work too after machining a boss on the front spindle where the caliper bracket mounts. Also, 68-72 Chevelle, Cutlass, Skylark A body disc brakes and spindles will work too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts