Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to need to make this Repop filler fit
- it will take some re-forming to get the sharp breaks it needs to properly mate with the fender.

Does anyone have a photo of an OEM end that I could compare this to? I need to mount the fenders, but I don't trust the width, so if someone has one they could measure for me, I'd be grateful.

I'd love to find an OEM, or even a tweaked OEM with repairable ends, but I haven't seen any for sale in the North Bay. The pictured filler is the best of the two repops I have bought - I wish they would be up front and say in the description "Does not fit without modification". :mad:

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Find an original, the re-pops are junk!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hazcat I have an nos one I can take pics and measure for you on tues
That would be great - pictures would help a bunch! I agree about the re-pops - the one I pictured was the second one I bought - the first was one piece, and was a complete joke. From AMD, who I had good luck with on other parts. So I've spent $140 trying - why can't at least one manufacturer make an actual replacement, and charge what it costs to make? How much to customers end up paying for car builders to modify junk to work. How did they decide that $75 is the price point for crap? It just defies sense. (Venting over:rolleyes:)

I've looked for originals, but have come up dry - I'd even take a banged up OEM to graft the ends onto my repro metal. I guess I should post in the WTB in classifieds. Thanks again for the pics!
James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts