Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 66 Chevy II with the brake components at the wheels only. I just recently bought a m/c and booster off of a 67. I do know that the brake lines are different sizes. Question is, will I need a fitting to adjust from the 67 hard line kit I am going to order, to the 66 rubber flex lines at the wheels? Is it a problem to fit the stock power booster and m/c from a 67 into my 66 with a sb 350? I have heard of a bracket that the m/c mounts to, and the bracket to the fire wall. Is this something anyone knows about? Where do I get one? Should I be using one? Is there anything else I am missing? My ears are open to any comments/sugestions.

Thanks in advance, Rick

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
66 rear brake line runs down the passenger side of the car,67 is in the drivers side and is larger diameter than 66.Any 67 lines will work on your 66.Are you converting to disc brake sin front?If so the brass blocks that clip into the inner fender structure are different between 66 and 67.If you are adding the booster to stock drum brake plumbing yes you will need an adapter where the line goes in the master cylinder.There is a support that goes from the lower booster mounting stud and runs back under the dash and bolts to the pedal support assembly to stop the firewall from flexing.I made one for my car out of 1/8 thick 3/4 wide steel strap and it worked fine.If you need a picture of the part I think I have an assembly manual that shows the part.On a 67 there is a little dimple in the drivers side inner fender to give a little more clearance for the lines coming out of the front of the master cylinder but I have heard it is not necessary.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do you have dimensions for the bracket? I have 1/8" flat bar! Sure I'll take a pic to help clarify. I don't have inner fenders, so that won't be a problem.

thx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts