Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The blower motor on my 67 is on the way out. It's been squealing and today I had to bang on it to get it working. Anyone ever change the blower motor on a 66 or 67 with factory air? It's the all weather system factory installed, not the universal. I've had the box out of a 66 before but not with A/C.

The sevice manual says to discharge AC, remove the hoses and remove everything under the dash as a unit. I want to try to avoid discharging the system. I have it all sealed up, converted to R134A and working well. I would have to cut the hoses at the firewall to get them off the barbed fittings and then have to replace the hoses. I want to avoid that if possible.

I was thinking maybe I could unbolt everything and just slide the HVAC box back enough to get the blower motor out? Leaving the hoses hooked up but letting them pull into the interior a bit?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well the answer is no, there is no easy way to do it. I had to discharge the A/C and cut the hoses off. Then pull the A/C box out followed by the heater box. It took me about 6 hours, but it's 90 outside and I'm gettting old. I think it could be done a lot faster Everything is done but the A/C hoses, they are coming tomorrow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts