Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking for a new project for some time now, (Corvette, Chevelle, Squarebody, F100, etc etc) and I cam across a 67 4 door!
[

I talked to the guy a few different times on the phone and I finally decided to make the 5-1/2 hour trip out to WV to check it out. Once we arrived, my girls went looking for it, and once the rounded the corner, they immediately feel in love with it.
We took it for a test drive,
67 Chevy II, “Bonnie” by Craig Newport, on Flickr
and then we finalized the deal with so CASH.
The girls were excited as I was as they helped strap the Nova down on the trailer.

We got it home and had to make some room in the garage and when the girls saw these 2 together, they decided to name em, Bonnie & Clyde. :cool:

Future plans: (ANYTHING I do plan on doing to this Nova, HAS to be cleared from the wife and Daughters)

1. Wheels & Tires
The girls will be picking them out, I just have to get them the correct size & offsets
2. Stereo & speakers!!
3. Suspension
Im thinking CBR front & rear
4. Brakes
These 4 wheel drums are not getting it done
5. A/C

Way down the road mods:
1. LS/LT swap
2. 4L80 swap
3. Rear gear

Anywho....Im super excited about this Nova and Im looking forward to doing a Build where the wife and daughters have a voice with what gets done to it. (as my wife is already looking over my shoulder)
So stay tuned and Thanks for watching!

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
You’ve got two nice ones!
Can’t beat second gens!
That is one clean 4 door 67. If I saw one like that I’d have to snag it. Great score! I recall when you posted your red 66 with the 67 front clip. You all did excellent fitting the twin turbo set up under that 2” hood. What has it run?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can’t beat second gens!
That is one clean 4 door 67. If I saw one like that I’d have to snag it. Great score! I recall when you posted your red 66 with the 67 front clip. You all did excellent fitting the twin turbo set up under that 2” hood. What has it run?
THANK YOU!

I havent made a pass since I upgraded the front end, turbos and cylinder heads,
Old set up went [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
'67 4 door, 65 wagon. WISCONSIN
7,153 Posts
That's clean! Love the Bonnie & Clyde.

I towed Lucille 5 1/2 hours from Michigan to Wisconsin today. Couldn't help starring at her in the rearview mirror all the way back.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can’t beat second gens!
That's clean! Love the Bonnie & Clyde.
I towed Lucille 5 1/2 hours from Michigan to Wisconsin today. Couldn't help starring at her in the rearview mirror all the way back.
Thats hilarious as I was doing the same thing on the way home!:D

Some good looking four doors out there, and that's another nice example. Nice snag.
Thank you!

That's a nice one. I have a 67 4 door in the same color. I like the white roof more, mine is one solid color. The extra doors are really useful with kids and passengers, no climbing over seats.
I wasnt really a 4 door guy, until I saw this one, Now we have been driving it everywhere and taking our neighbors to dinners in it. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
Thats hilarious as I was doing the same thing on the way home!:D

Thank you!

I wasnt really a 4 door guy, until I saw this one, Now we have been driving it everywhere and taking our neighbors to dinners in it. :cool:
I’d love to have the twin to the 4 door.
I always will people blue is my favorite color on an old car. The white top sets it off even more.

·
Registered
1967 Nova SS
1,925 Posts
For me, I would ride with the family as long as they will. Kids grow up and interest changes way to soon. Sharing new trips and adventures with them is far more valuable than anything you could do to the car.

With good health changes can be made to the Nova later on. Time with them is not recoverable.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is an awesome example of a stock machine. So cool your wife and kids love it, great family time and fun.
The neighbors are enjoying it as well. LoL!

Now that you found out how much fun it is to drive it around, you have to resist the temptation to tear it apart for changes and make it undriveable for years.
Ive been down that road before and it sucks, so any mods that I will be doing to this one, will have a well planned out timeline.

For me, I would ride with the family as long as they will. Kids grow up and interest changes way to soon. Sharing new trips and adventures with them is far more valuable than anything you could do to the car.

With good health changes can be made to the Nova later on. Time with them is not recoverable.
Absolutely! My daughter will be getting her license this year and it seems like yesterday she was learning to walk. Crazy how time fly's by...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One of the Taillights was Boogered up, so I did a quick GOOGLE search and found these at Speedway motors.

Straight forward swap, nothing worth mentioning, but I did get my oldest to install the passenger side, while I did the drovers side.

While I was testing the lights, to make sure my connection was good, I noticed the bulbs were extremely Hot. So I did some more searching and I came up with LED replacement bulbs.

Kinda hard to tell with pics, but these bulbs were brighter than the old bulbs and did not burn my finger! LOL!!

Now Im researching brakes, wheels & stereo upgrades.... :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I finally git a few hours to actually work on the Nova this past weekend.

My wife was saying that I can do whatever I want to the Nova, but she wants it to look all factory (minus the wheel/tires) when Im done. So I had to do some work to the kick panels to hide the speaker.

Removed the pass side kick panel...

there is a small clip that holds the flapper door rod assembly to the panel that needs to be removed.

and this pin, just needs to be pushed down to remove the door.

After some trimming with the Air saw, I got this 5.25" to work.

I also installed a DEI speaker protector around the back of the speaker to help keep out dust & moisture.

I cut some foam from an AC window Kit up to keep any drafts out of the interior.

Installed the Push handle assembly and then installed the kick panel back into the car.

Installed the foam and then the clearanced grill and it all looks factory

I also scored an LS3 intake & rails and a 4L80 transmission.

Hopefully Ill have the rest of the stereo installed next weekend, so that we can have some tunes cruising down the road to our Pumpkin Patch visit.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I received some more parts yesterday!

New GM LS3 Long Block!

Factory LS3 Intake that my friend Blake had laying around.

Since I work at BTR, our NEWEST LS3 Grind Camshaft kit & 3 Bolt conversion!

Still waiting on my Church Bros parts, SW LS Headers & Exhaust, and Im debating on which Accessory setup Ill run on the LS.

Thanks for tuning in....

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I found a couple hours yesterday to get the Dash Speakers mounted up.
After the fact, I realized that I did NOT have to remove the glovebox insert, but it was only a couple phillips heads screws,

The old speaker was easy to get to once the old AM radio was removed.

There is quite a big difference between the old one and the 2 new 4" Kickers.

All back together, all I need to do now, is remove the front seat and lower rear seat and run the speaker wires to the amp.

Thanks for following..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts