Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, few questions for ya!

I have been on the forum for hours going through old threads, but haven't found the answers I seek. Here goes!

We're having a tough time finding doors and quarter panels. From what I understand, the 2-door and 4-door are the same from the firewall forward. I can find fenders, grille, etc for the car. But not much else. Is there a supplier somewhere that I have overlooked that carries quarter panels and doors? I understand the wagon doors will fit, but again, where to find them?

If they can't be found, can we get the quarter panels from a 2-door and modify them to fit? Is this something a willing shop has to do or can my husband do it himself? We do have a welding machine and a plasma cutter. Same with the doors, can we modify or must we find some new doors?

Is the roof and trunklid different for a 4-door? I'm guessing the roof is longer and trunk shorter?

I apologise if these questions have been asked and answered too many times, I just haven't found them yet.

Help! Thanks in advance for any info!

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
The trunk lid is the same on all 66-67 novas as far as fit, there are numerous trim differences in the two 66-67 models

as far as door panels your best bet would be to find some more doors or patch with hard top panels making it work. you also would be advised to buy a parts car or pick-up a good body if yours is too far gone

2-door sedans and 4-door sedans share the same roof and front and back glass

a good place to find parts would be Steves classified wanted adds,e-bay ,craigslist, racing junk

·
Registered
309 Posts
Wagon doors will not fit unless you change the window channel at the top of the door, wagons are squared of since the roof keeps on going a 4 door is curved down , look at my car and compare it to yours

1 - 5 of 5 Posts