Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 195 HP 283 2bbl. It is in a 1967 chevy II. Looking for pictures of the correct factory throttle return springs. In the assembly manual it looks to have 2 springs. One going to the carb to coil bracket. The other going from kick down linkage to plug wire bracket. The book shows part number 3904253 and 3904245 for the springs. Anyone have any pictures?? I would just like to see the correct set up. Not sure i have the correct springs. I have a throttle return spring, but no kick down spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm not sure about the differences in years on Chevy II's, but my radiator hose goes across the other side of the oil filler tube. It does not have the oil tube bracket. Someone put a spring going to the water neck. Does not look correct. I'm sure I could install some brackets to work, but id like to keep the original set up with dual springs. What year is the car in the picture??

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Good catch, my 66 also is on the driver side, but is not stock. I think the picture I posted was a gen I. I feel like the t state housing that had the spring hole were late 60's and newer; my 68 Camaro had that set up.

EDIT: All the pics I looked up for stock 283s in 1966, had your t state. You can buy new springs in the help section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts