Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1967 2 Door
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what is the best and easiest of the wiring kits for a 66. I’d like to do the whole car over and want one that is the easiest to install.
Thanks

·
Registered
1967 2 Door
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Better than Painless? Anyone want to comment on why you like one over the other?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Better than Painless? Anyone want to comment on why you like one over the other?
Thanks
I went with Painless for my 65 and I had to add all the clips and crimp everything... it has cost me days and im still working on it. I wish I did American Auto since it is more of a plug and play. Wish I knew that a head of time and I would have spent the extra $$.

·
Registered
1963 Nova coupe, Phoenix Arizona
2,046 Posts
I used a AAW Highway 22 so I could put the panel where I wanted. It’s not as complete as the update kit but I was able to run the wires where I wanted. I did have to add a lot of connectors , but very happy with it, I’m too old to be crawling under the dash to find a fuse.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I've used both, (along w/ Ron Francis and Centech). I vote for AAW classic update. With the Classic update it's not plug and play, you still cut every wire but you are crimping on the wire terminals that you insert into each socket and connector. Easy w/ the right crimping tool.
Very clean and tailored and NO butt connectors.

·
Registered
104 Posts
AAW plug and play. Very easy to install. Very helpful if you have any questions. Have everything you need.

·
Registered
1967 2 Door
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. You furthered my decision to go with the classic update.
Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts