Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a supplier for the "Window Run Channels" for my 66 ht. They are the pieces that the door glass slide up and down on. Not having much luck.

Chris

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Are you talking about the channel that the door window glass sits in??? If so, I got mine for my '65 from Classic Industries. I just searched there website and Chevy II Only and neither list a channel for a 66.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
If you are talking about the ones in the front that go in the vent window I got mine from Chevy 2 Only. If you are talking about the rear of the glass, I had to buy that material. I don't remember exactly who I bought it from but I know that it was Soff Seal brand. You just have to strip the old material out of the channel and glue the new in. I used 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive.http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000132a~Z5Z5Z51108~P10.95~~~~S2OY10A9XM99195144921D~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000132A

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
If you are talking about the ones in the front that go in the vent window I got mine from Chevy 2 Only. If you are talking about the rear of the glass, I had to buy that material. I don't remember exactly who I bought it from but I know that it was Soff Seal brand. You just have to strip the old material out of the channel and glue the new in. I used 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive.http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000132a~Z5Z5Z51108~P10.95~~~~S2OY10A9XM99195144921D~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000132A
I "think" he might be looking for the channel itself. Not positive but I asked him to clarify so we could help him find what he needs.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I am talking about the both. The channel on the vent window assy. and the piece that bolts to the back part of the door near the door latch. I remember reading a tutorial on rebuilding the vent window assy. and it said to replace the window track fuzzy. And looking at the rear tracks the material is next to gone. I kinda figured I would have to just strip out the old material and replace but I thought I would look into aftermarket parts first.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok

OK... I think I found the front one.
Chevy2only
1962-1967
VENT WINDOW VERTICAL FUZZIE
BACKSIDE OF VENT WINDOW
Part# 53015 Pkg EACH
Price 10.95

So that would leave the back peice. I will look into that material to strip out the old stuff and replace.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
OK... I think I found the front one.
Chevy2only
1962-1967
VENT WINDOW VERTICAL FUZZIE
BACKSIDE OF VENT WINDOW
Part# 53015 Pkg EACH
Price 10.95

So that would leave the back peice. I will look into that material to strip out the old stuff and replace.
That vertical fuzzie is what I put a link to in my original reply. The other material is called Mohair and comes in a little roll. Click on this link, select 62-79 Chevy II, Nova and window related items. Metro Rubber also has it.
http://www.soffseal.com/SearchBySection.asp

·
Registered
681 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

Thanks again for the help guys. Parts are on order... Bleeding the breaks tonight but I will be starting the vent windows tomorrow night I think.
Chris

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Great information guys, Thank You.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts