Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to install a hard point for the shoulder belts in my 66 wagon. Would someone with a 67 wagon give me a location? Also, were there shoulder belts for the rear in 67? A picture would be nice.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My '67 wagon does not have shoulder belts and there is no provision for them. Did some come with shoulder belts ?
This is what I am trying to find out. It looks as if the 66/67 Wagons did not have the hard point for the shoulder belt. I think I will try to find out if the 4dr sedan had them and and see where the shoulder belt attaches. Thanks for the come back.

·
Premium Member
4,572 Posts
My wagon has the points to add belts. Look at the picture. You can blow it up. Just to the right of the B pillar are 3 holes. Two are threaded for 5/16" bolts, the other is about 1/2" or better in size, not threaded. That is where the plate bolts to that most aftermarket seat belt makers use.

On the drivers side, the stamped hole you were shown in the previous threads is for the over head dome light wiring and connector to fit through, not a seat belt point. If you look at the page out of the manual in the other thread, you will see that the mounting point is not right in line with the B pillar, but behind it.

There is a boss similar to the area where the bolt holes are, just in front of the B pillar, but does not have threaded holes. Stick your fingers in behind the lip, and you'll see that it is a pocket with metal welded on the backside...

Hope this helps..

T,

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My wagon has the points to add belts. Look at the picture. You can blow it up. Just to the right of the B pillar are 3 holes. Two are threaded for 5/16" bolts, the other is about 1/2" or better in size, not threaded. That is where the plate bolts to that most aftermarket seat belt makers use.

On the drivers side, the stamped hole you were shown in the previous threads is for the over head dome light wiring and connector to fit through, not a seat belt point. If you look at the page out of the manual in the other thread, you will see that the mounting point is not right in line with the B pillar, but behind it.

There is a boss similar to the area where the bolt holes are, just in front of the B pillar, but does not have threaded holes. Stick your fingers in behind the lip, and you'll see that it is a pocket with metal welded on the backside...

Hope this helps..

T,

Great Picture. I was thinking the attachment point you are showing would not work. Obviously it will. It looks like the xbrace was moved on the 67 to add strength? Anyhow, thanks for the post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts