Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been researching threads for a while but cant find anything. I picked up a pair of 66 lower SS door moldings off of Craigs for a good price. They look pretty nice but some of the mounting studs have broken off in the hole.

I had some ideas of how to work them out but this doesn't seem like the right time for trial and error. Any of you been successful in this?

They will eventually be available (hope that is not breaking the forum rules)...dont think they will look right on my 63:no:

·
Registered
99 Posts
are they not screws that go in from the inside of the door to the molding that maybe the head broke off that is what it looks like on the set i have in the garage have a couple broke off but also have some of the screws in them also be careful if you try to drill and tap not to go to deep good luck

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the heads are broken off with about 1/16" - 1/8" exposed. I just put some rags down and going to hit them with a little PB Blaster everyday for a couple weeks before trying to do anything.

The guy that I got them from said he had heard of a guy that drilled a small hole on each side of the broken bolt in the aluminum, and then drilled the bolt for an EZ out.

I am usually fairly successful at these types of things but there just isnt a hole lot of room for error...like you said too deep.

I kind of dealt with this on my Winters intake manifold with a couple broken carb studs, but I had a little bit more material to work with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts