Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
66 True SS car but 6 cylinder front fenders were used during reassembly as they were rust from and came with car. Unfortunately when car was assembled the emblem mounting issue was overlooked. My first question is has anyone been able to install the correct 327/flags emblem using any of the existing holes in the 6 cylinder fender? I was thinking the upper holes from the 230 emblem may hold the 327 emblem if they are in the correct location. If this is the case I could drill 2 new holes for the flags emblem and maybe it would cover up the lower hole from the 230 emblem.

Anyone had any experience with the templates from Classic Industries? Seems like they would be incredibly hard to orient on the car but maybe I'm overthinking it. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
there was a 66 L-6 super sport vin would be 117376N. it seems there are badge templates in the 66 fisher body manual, mine is on loan at the time.

·
14,398 Posts
Page 139 of the 1966 Assembly Manual shows placement of the flag emblem. Two holes 1.10" apart on center. Doesn't show the 327 emblem. If the flag emblem fit the two six cylinder emblem holes, new holes above it would be needed for the 327 numbers. This could move everything too far up the fender to look correct.

Bob

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
607 Posts
Maybe someone with an original V8 car can provide measurements for you?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
bob, you got me there i knew i had seen the placement specs in one of my manuals, assembly manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts