Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a rear window seal for my 66 hardtop and I cannot find one sold anywhere. What am I supposed to do the seal holds the window in right. I can't just use sealer and put the window and trim back in can I?

Anybody know what to do here?

·
Registered
329 Posts
3M windo-Weld pn 08609 is what i used. One tube will be more than enough, it's real messy stuff so tape off the areas you don't what to get it on.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey JR i am about 45 minutes west of Bowling Green. My wife and I used to stop in Cottontown at what looks like an old county store. I think it has just had wood siding put on the building to make it look old. I always like to skip Nashville and go through the country roads.

I had to make a special stop there everytime we went to the Smokey Mountains. They have really good porkchop sandwiches I believe they smoke them theirselves behind the store. I always got a sandwich and a glass bottle Coke. They always tasted better in the bottle to me. When I was a kid Dad would hang out around one of his friends garage when I went with him I always got a Coke for free in that guys shop. That was before plastic bottle Coke's. Coke never has tasted exactly right in a can or plastic to me since then.

Boy did I get off the subject! I appreciate your guys help. Windows, gaskets, and sealants is one area I am completely clueless on. I can stop my quest for a rear window gasket now.

Thanks guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts