Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the original rear axle in my '66 but it does not sit centered from drivers side to pass side. It is actually shifted about an 1" over towards the pass side. It was like that when I got it and after a restoration, hoping something would change for the better, its still not centered. Is this normal, I am hearing from a few people that it is but what can you do to fix it? Everyone has no problem fitting 235/60-14's under the wheel well but me:(

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
It's very common on a lot of cars; there are hundreds of posts about the subject. My suggestion is to put the car on jackstands, loosen all U-bolts (or whatever is on your car)shackles, front spring mounts, etc....and see if you can get the rear to move over by lifting, kicking, screaming, prying............. try a floor jack! You should be able to cheat it over some. Tighten everything back and see what happens.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, not sure how much I can gain but its definitely worth a try. All I am looking for is about 1/2".

Why cant things be easy:confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
An inch sounds like an awful lot. I'd also make sure the rear is square front to back. I swapped mine from stock single leaf springs to multi leaf springs using the original axle pads and had to eyeball it. Mine dirvee straight and I have equal clearence on each side.

You sure your rims are exactly the same?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts