Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of help with the sail panels on my 66 two door post car. Wondered if they are over a backer and then glued in place or what? Maybe someone has pics of their install or something. I have a kit and the sail panels weren't assembled like the hardtop. Help me out here guys!
thanks

·
Registered
929 Posts
The sail panels on the 66 sedan are held in with clips like the door panels. Check the back of your panels to see if there are holes for the clips.

The sail panel also has a cardboard like backing installed prior to the panel.

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
I'm in the same boat ! I think sail panels didn't arrive till 67 or late 66 .I have some pics I took at NNN 2007 .They look better than a a poor fitting headliner without ! From what I've seen the panels are clipped like the sport coupe however the size differs. I talked to a trim shop and they said the could make them up however I didn't ask if the fastner set-up would be the same. The interior trim around the 1/4 window and the back glass hold the vertical edges and the horozontals are tucked and glued over for a finished look .

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
same boat

Hey thanks guys. Cdan66, i think you might be right. I took sail panels out of a 67 four door to try to use but they are tore and messed up a bit. I looked at a 66 four door and it didn't even have any sail panels. My cars were long gone and apart when i got it, so that isn't an option. Any more help or pics would be appreciated. Even some after your install.
thanks here is my email

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.