Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a shell with out the front clip, thinking about doing a 10.5 outlaw chassis that would tie into the front clip. Are stock front clips easy to come buy ? I think I've been looking in the wrong places like evilbay

Thanks for your time

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
they might be in Hawaii

They're around in so-cal. I see them on craigslist often. You might also check the classifieds here.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
your probably going to have a hard time in Hawaii, finding ANY parts for the nova....
i still have my stock front clip from my 66 that no one named a price for. i took it off when i replaced it with the heidt's kit. my front clip is just missing the radiator core support, but otherwise its complete (steering, brakes, suspension, and inner fenders, etc.)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
It would stand to reason that the stock front clip to your Nova is still somwhere on the island, assuming that the car has been there since it was in one piece . Did you buy the body shell there or have it shipped from the mainland?

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
I have a shell with out the front clip, thinking about doing a 10.5 outlaw chassis that would tie into the front clip. Are stock front clips easy to come buy ? I think I've been looking in the wrong places like evilbay

Thanks for your time
I know of two here in the bay area

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Finding a stock clip should be easy, but shipping it would be a nightmare, when you find one you would probably need to have it disassembled and shipped.
Dale @ novasrus.com probably has a few laying around.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
they are re-popping the fenderwelds and the front radiator support, the rest of the parts should be ez in the parts wanted section like cross member, control arms center link etc...

I can remember back in the 70s a big junkyard out in the country in oahu by the kaneohe bay drive in, prob long gone

lots of good memories from hawaii

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I can remember back in the 70s a big junkyard out in the country in oahu by the kaneohe bay drive in, prob long gone
I remember seeing a junkyard too, but sometime between my first visit in 79, and the next visit MANY years later, I can't remember where it was!

What I find interesting is that I've seen far more car activity in one weekend on the tiny island of Kauai, than on any of the other islands. You see a handful of cars and bikes cruising the Waikiki area on the weekends, but on the big island I only saw a Pro Street 2nd gen Nova, and a chopped Mercury. In 2 weeks I'm going to check out the Garden Island Racing Assc. in Kauai.--I drove right past the strip a few times and never knew it was there!
Maui Raceway was the first thing I saw from the plane when I visited that island.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well when i bought the car, the front clip had been butchered, some one put a straight front axel on it, and then maybe at some point it got into an accident and some sections where repaired with brass :eek:. But the rest of the car is in real good shape, for a hawaii car, not allot of rust. Most of the original parts are gone. But i got the car with the intent of doing a pro street set up. As for finding parts here, none, camaros, novas popular cars,and not much floating around to begin with.

Thanks for the help guys

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
I am on the Big island
I was there for Christmas--have to say it's not my favorite; it's TOO big!
Driving to Volcano's on the 26th we got like 14" of rain!! The thing I like best about the islands is the beaches, and whenever I found a nice one, hundreds of others were already there. I've been to beaches on Kauai where you might see 10 people all day--even Oahu has beaches without crowds!
If I had a few months to spend exploring, and not dragging 10 people with me, I might have enjoyed it more. I spent more time driving than anything else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think you need stock front rails.we dont have that class of racing here, but it looked like a nice set up for a street/strip car. the Smithracecraft clip is nice, if i am gonna go that route, I might as well just get an alston chassis, with a arms.
Does Outlaw class make you run a stock front clip? If not why not just have Smithracecraft send you a drag front clip.

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts