Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, and yes. The front window may be "Shaded Soft Ray", which means it has the green tint with a darker band at the top.
Thank you. I have the shaded Softray windshield and my glass is all original. Was thinking about ordering a back LOF glass from Pilkington due to the fact it has a small exterior chip. Getting the car painted and I wanted the glass perfect as possible.

·
14,136 Posts
Just as a note of interest. A Canadian built '66 will have Shade-Lite tinted glass. Another way to identify a car built at Oshawa, Ontario.

Bob

·
Registered
1972 Nova
395 Posts
Don't forget to check Auto City Classics for glass. I don't know if they make it down to AZ for any shows, but you can skip the shipping fee if they do. I got my windshield (and my brother's Monte windshield) from them as they're 10 minutes away from me. You can get the green glass date coded, but I'm not sure if it'll have the OEM markings. They want $200 for rear 66-67 glass.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called and they will not be coming near Az. Good luck tho, there is a Pilkington glass company here near Phoenix that makes classic glass with LOF and date code services. No crazy ship fees. Just local tax. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts