Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a listing of the bay for someone to purchase ( as wanted to mention, i do not own the car )

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
it has 118 on the cowl tag, wouldn't that be a 327 ? but it has a 6 cyl engine sitting in it. it's going to take alot of work an parts to raise that from the dead.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is going to cost is the lower rocker panel molding ....

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Sure looks like a lot of work, but I really like it!! Isn't code Y Y = Lemonwood Yellow? Geez....if I didn't already have a '67 Camaro RS project for my younger son....

·
Premium Member
3,750 Posts
it has 118 on the cowl tag, wouldn't that be a 327 ? but it has a 6 cyl engine sitting in it. it's going to take alot of work an parts to raise that from the dead.
We've discussed this before, but it's been awhile. Fisher Body built the bodies and attached the cowl tags. The bodies were then transferred to Chevrolet for final assembly. Most SS coupes got the 118 designation because Chevrolet didn't supply Fisher any information about the engine that was to be installed. The VIN tag on the door frame overrides the cowl tag info - and often doesn't match. Since this car was a 6-cylinder, its VIN should start with 117.

All that said, a true 118 car can be either a 283 or a 327. 117 cars were either 194s or 230s.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
02 = February
D = Fourth Week

E = Black

66 = 1966

1 = Chevrolet
18 = Chevy II Nova SS, V8
37 = 2 door coupe

NOR = Norwood, OH
Sequence ( production ) number starts at 100001

765 = Black Buckets
B = ?

Y = Lemonwood Yellow

w2m = ?

Reference;
https://www.novaresource.org/c66.htm

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
the forth week of feb makes sense as you can see the small hole drilled in the cowl tag. thought i read that means the bracket for 3-way seat belts is welded on the roof. an that started first week of feb 66.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts