Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem finding out all that I need to swap out my power glide to an m21-2 4 speed. Do I need a new floor board? Is there a template to cut an existing hole etc... Brackets mounts? Thank you for the help

·
Registered
351 Posts
You'll need one of these.

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S3KG1A1PI663142223824g~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000132A

Once you pull your carpet, it's pretty self explanatory where it goes. I drew a line around mine with a sharpie, scribed another line 1-1/2 inches inside and cut the floor. I fastened the hump with some sealant and self tapping screws.

Your factory crossmember will work. You'll need a muncie with the correct tailshaft to mount the nova shifter and linkage with the speedo cable on the pass side. The nova shifter comes through the floor quite a bit further forward than many other GM applications.

Find pedals and clutch linkage from a donor car if possible. The aftermarket stuff will do, but the factory stuff is a bit better quality. Keep in mind that some headers are incompatible with the stock clutch linkage. Some folks have used a hydraulic cylinder and throwout bearing.

If you use the stock lingage, you'll need the nova specific bell housing or scattershield. The clutch fork comes out in the 7:00 position instead of 9:00 in most other GM applications.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I was doing floor pans at the same time I did my conversion but in this picture you can see what you will have for a hole on top of the tunnel when you remove the auto hump and install the 4 speed hump.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
When I did mine I couldn't find an original around to use the floor piece so I just spent some time with a chunk of metal from an old hood and made my own tunnel piece. It worked fine, just took a bit of time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts