Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My bud Tom is having issues.. We are trying to get the ride height down and let me explain what we know. The front springs are Moroso tricks that are probably 25+ years old, the suspension is all church boys, the coils were cut years ago. After putting it all together the front is sitting up from where it did or where we remember it did which is fender to the top of the tire around 2" . Tom cut a half a coil and the car did not move. Today he cut another 1/2 a coil making the spring 13 1/2" tall and now with the car in the air the spring is loose in the pocket. He said with a good yank he could just pull the spring out. We are confused at this point, he's putting new brakes together right now and will drop it on the ground shortly to see if the ride height changes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Perfect timing with Tony's post about the springs for sale. Cut you'res like his and don't worry about them being loose in the pockets when you raise the car up. You could try and fasten the bottom of the spring with some zip ties. RICK

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perfect timing with Tony's post about the springs for sale. Cut you'res like his and don't worry about them being loose in the pockets when you raise the car up. You could try and fasten the bottom of the spring with some zip ties. RICK
I did a search and found his springs that's what had me have Tom measure everything... It was perfect timing

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
unsure if this helps

images of stock V8 springs compared to stock replacements and CPP's lowering springs...

stock/replacement

lowering/replacement

replacement with top coil seat

lowering spring with top coil seat

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It does but his concern was if he cuts the spring to achieve desired ride height when the front end I'd raised to full extension ie jacking or a good amount of nos that the spring will actually not be on the seat either top or bottom. I did come up with get it to height and make limiter to not allow the suspension to extend further then the height of the spring at unsprung.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts