Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Complete, drum to drum, with original, date coded 3.73 gears and posi. I've owned this rear for the last 45 years. All new USA bearings and seals. Original backing plates with new Delco brake shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware kits. Housing was stripped and sprayed with 2 coats of 2-part epoxy primer. Original left axle has slight wear at axle bearing so I installed a new Moser axle. For the purist, the original axle is useable and will also be included.
3,500. plus freight and insurance.

Reactions: JPB

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll look Thursday. The axle tube is stamped 04 20.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would this be it? Looks like 08B. Feb 8th?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, can I get a little help on the casting date shown above on this rear. Looks like 0 8 B. Casting number is 3852980N. Gears show 1 66, and tube says FP 0420 G. I'd like to get this sold to the right restorer but I don't have all the answers to their questions. I pulled this out of a 66 L79 car in the 70's and it hadn't been opened up until recently so I'm pretty sure it's all original.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Don’t now if you still have rear end but yes is 66 have same rear end same casting #@with FP 0118G. E. Just removed it and it’s for sale

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Danny, what does yours have for a casting date (upper left on back side)?
Yours was assembled Jan 18th but casting date would be earlier.
I'm trying to find out if that 08B is feb. 8th. According to internet it should be a letter (month) and three numbers (first two day and last one year). Mine doesn't have the year on the casting but the ring & pinion are clearly 66.
How original is yours and what are you asking? I'm getting no bites.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I’ve owned sense June 9 1969 and just came out of my 118 SS I will check for the numbers but I honestly believe that there’s only letter and 2 numbers but will check for you

·
Registered
1967 Chevy II
3 Posts
I'd be interested in the rear end if you'll work a little bit on the price or include shipping to TX

·
Registered
1967 Chevy II
3 Posts
Hi Danny88....I was originally posting the question for JIMS63s ....I'm looking for a 12 bolt posi for my 67 Nova. Preferably in good/rebuilt condition.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Mine has just about 1200 miles on it all new Posi gears axles had disc brakes on it but have drum backing plates off it 4253435881 I.M me if interested

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MS,
Paint it color of choice, install oil and go.
If you give me your zip code in TX, I'll see what the freight will be and we'll talk. I have it on a pallet.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Danny88, sent you a personal message.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
No I don’t think you’re out of line the rack that has original gears and right stamping
makes worth the money! As I have said about yours that’s the one I would buy!
mine has all right stamping in the housing and cast #s but everything inside is basically new along with axles I’m asking 2250$ and had thing not broken part and messed up everything inside I be asking same as you are so don’t think you’re out of line just finding right person that’s wants completely original

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, I'll weigh it and get a shipping quote or two.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MS1967 I sent you a personal message with the shipping quotes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts