Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i was wondering if anyone has the dimensions from center to center on the leaf springs, I just recently got my car back from the body shop and they put frame rails in it and with 245/60/15 on the back, the trunk looks high and i am kinda freaking out they may have screwed up and welded them too close together causing the leaf to arc more than usual. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
hi,

i was wondering if anyone has the dimensions from center to center on the leaf springs, I just recently got my car back from the body shop and they put frame rails in it and with 245/60/15 on the back, the trunk looks high and i am kinda freaking out they may have screwed up and welded them too close together causing the leaf to arc more than usual. thanks
http://www.novaresource.org/axle.htm

Try this out....Top of the page.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help 67, i switched tires and it brought it down, but i have seen people run the 245/60 and are tucked into the wheelwell, maybe they are running lowering blocks. take alook see what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
Are they new springs?

Also you should loosen all the bolts and let the car settle. Tighten the bolts after the car settles down. In the 66 manual it says not to tighten them until the car is pushed down a couple of times so it is at ride height.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks nogo, i will give that a shot, the springs are the same ones that was on it when i bought the car so they could be re-arched or something. heres what it look like before body work with 205/65/15's and it sits about the same with same size tires now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts