Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
13,723 Posts
The only figures available from GM Canada show 195 L79 Chevy IIs built (all models), 63 Acadians (all models) and 23 Beaumonts. They also report a combined total of 144 L79 SS Chevy IIs and Acadian SDs built. Because some exist, we know there were some L79 Acadian 2 door benchseat hardtops and 2 door sedans. There are no L79 Chevy II 2 door benchseat hardtops or 2 door sedans in the Canadian L79 Registry, but old GM microfiche indicates some were made.
Given there were 195 L79 Chevy IIs built in Oshawa, my estimates are that probably 100 or so were SS cars, the remainder being Sport Coupes and 2 door sedans. Of the 63 Acadians, maybe 35-40 were SDs and the remainder Canso Sport Coupes and 2 door sedans.

Bob

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only figures available from GM Canada show 195 L79 Chevy IIs built (all models), 63 Acadians (all models) and 23 Beaumonts. They also report a combined total of 144 L79 SS Chevy IIs and Acadian SDs built. Because some exist, we know there were some L79 Acadian 2 door benchseat hardtops and 2 door sedans. There are no L79 Chevy II 2 door benchseat hardtops or 2 door sedans in the Canadian L79 Registry, but old GM microfiche indicates some were made.
Given there were 195 L79 Chevy IIs built in Oshawa, my estimates are that probably 100 or so were SS cars, the remainder being Sport Coupes and 2 door sedans. Of the 63 Acadians, maybe 35-40 were SDs and the remainder Canso Sport Coupes and 2 door sedans.

Bob
Thanks Bob,
I'm going out tomorrow to look at a GM of Canada documented Sport Coupe thats near by.

Martin

·
13,723 Posts
Good to see you back here on the site, Martin. Let me know how you make out with the Sport Coupe. I figured there must be some around, but have never come across any.

Bob

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Bob,what did I miss in this thread? I thought Martin was looking for information on 66 L79 Non SS Novas, then the info you posted was it for 63
Novas, or was that the total L79 cars produced in Oshawa from 63 to 66. If so am I correct in saying ther were approx. 85 L79's produced in Oshawa in 66?
Thanks for the info Bob,
A fellow L79 Registar,
Roger

·
13,723 Posts
Hi Bob,what did I miss in this thread? I thought Martin was looking for information on 66 L79 Non SS Novas, then the info you posted was it for 63
Novas, or was that the total L79 cars produced in Oshawa from 63 to 66. If so am I correct in saying ther were approx. 85 L79's produced in Oshawa in 66?
Thanks for the info Bob,
A fellow L79 Registar,
Roger
Roger, initially Martin was looking for an L79 Nova SS, then he asked in another thread if anyone knew how many non SS L79 Chevy IIs were built in Canada (the answer is 'no').
Chevy II and Acadian L79s were only built at Oshawa in 1966 and there's very little specific GM Canada production info available by model, just totals. They state 195 L79 Chevy IIs and 63 Acadians built at Oshawa in 1966 making a combined total of 258 (all models). The only model specific info they have is that 144 of the 258 were Chevy II SSs and Acadian SDs, but there is no breakdown on how many of each.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts