Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Custom Jim or any one else, any cool diagrhams for locating the Super Sport badges on my new quarters? I'm not having any luck finding templets to correctly locate them on the Qrts. Thanks in advance for your help..:confused:

·
Registered
340 Posts
This is an old thread, but anyone have the specs? They are not in my assmeble manual!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
520 Posts
emblems for 67 ss quarters

Dad ordered the templates from NNN for his 67. Wish someone had a template for the emblem under the glove box door though. Anybody??????

·
Registered
125 Posts
Emblem measurements

Hello everyone! has anybody ever measured the location of the Super sport emblem on the 66 quarters? I also need it bad. Can anyone measure the bottom of the "sport" to the middle body line and the distance from the end of the quarter to the tip of the "S" in sport?
Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
125 Posts
Measurements

To anyone who needs this info. JR was kind enough to measure his 66 and replied with the following measurements:

From the middle body line,upper edge to bottom of the po-bottom of upper part of the p and bottom of o in sport is 1 1/2 inch.

From the tail light gasket edge to lower part of the S in Sport edge is 2 inches.

Hope this helps.

JR

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have the template at my storage unit. I will get a photo and post it tomorrow. :yes:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
OK, I hope this helps. I made measurements the absolute best I could. If anyone needs more help, feel free to ask. I'll do my best.

NOW, After all this, I go and check the passenger side template, and the outline is larger!!!!:mad: I'll have to get out the emblems and put these templates on the car and see which one has the correct dimensions. Tis is a start, but I'll be back with more info before tomorrow night.:)

DON"T DRILL YET!!!!!!!!!!!:no:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Template

Thanks so much for the help :yes: I am not drilling yet! :sleep:
Tom

·
Registered
81 Posts
ss badge location

I got a template from chevy 2 only .Just asked the girl on the phone she talked to some other person there sent it next day. compared it to an unrestored original dead on.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You might be a redneck if...

You cut up your old 1/4 panels and tape them on your new ones as a template! With as accurate paper templates as posted here, I'm curious to see how close or far I'd have been had I not seen this thread...

I imagine I'd half to shift them foward a hair to compensate for the body line dropping off at the rear...
Old 1/4s are org. New ones are G.M. NOS.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
OK, I hope this helps. I made measurements the absolute best I could. If anyone needs more help, feel free to ask. I'll do my best.

NOW, After all this, I go and check the passenger side template, and the outline is larger!!!!:mad: I'll have to get out the emblems and put these templates on the car and see which one has the correct dimensions. Tis is a start, but I'll be back with more info before tomorrow night.:)

DON"T DRILL YET!!!!!!!!!!!:no:

The measurement will not be the same exactly. Mine are a little different from side to side. I will check again this morning. I need to remove them for paint.:)
JR

The measurement will not be the same exactly. Mine are a little different from side to side. I will check again this morning. I need to remove them for paint.:)
JR

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I got a template from chevy 2 only .Just asked the girl on the phone she talked to some other person there sent it next day. compared it to an unrestored original dead on.
OK, WE NEED PICTURES. :D

JR
Yes Sir, I'll get more dimensions today too. :yes:

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Hold off on drilling the holes. Looks like a measurement is off. I am taking pics and measuring again. Gotta go to Lowes, but back after while with info.
JR:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Interesting...

After having measured my holes in my steel template from rear foward and adding a generous inch for overlap I'm still 3/8th shorter than the paper template...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
WELL, I've come to the conclusion that these paper templates SUCK. :mad:
The driver's side is reduced from the correct size. Why? I don't know. The manufacturer, artist or printer just messes up. I have NOS emblems, and the mounting studs don't line up with the drawing. So I made some measurements on the passenger side template from the words and not the studs. I hope this helps, but it would be nice if someone could verify if my numbers are right or wrong. :confused: GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts