Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to repair an area at the lower hinge mount on my 66 ht. And was wondering what all models of doner cars might I be able to use? 1st,2nd gen? Any tips on this repair ?

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
148 Posts
If you have a hard time finding a donor car, I replaced both complete A-pillar panels on my 67 with new pieces. Here’s a link from where I got them. For the money and given the complexity of removing the lower A-pillar panel in such a way that keeps it usable (especially the area where it meets the rocker panel) it might be worth buying the new panel and cutting off what you need. Both sides fit very well on my 67 hardtop and the include the inner parts for the hinge to bolt to...you can reference my build thread for pics. Good luck!

Link to build thread:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gmachin thanks for the input yea I looked into the new parts and may end up going that way jusr thought would see what might be available before dropping over $400.00 for the small bit I need

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All these cars out there and no one else has delt with this problem ???

·
Registered
584 Posts
cheapest solution will be a donor car piece, based on what is shown. were it just what you have in your hand that needed repaired, yeah no problem to fab. but there is rust on different spots of that panel, and even underneath it. mine was only rusty at the very bottom and was able to simply fab a curved piece out of flat metal stock.

thought the $300 was crazy out of line, until noticing all that is included. that is an impressive piece!

here's to hoping you can get a solid donor piece to lower your cost, though. good luck with your project!

-Rusty

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
I have the entire front section of a 2nd gen that has this area. Contact me if interested.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input after. Much thought i started just making the repair from scratch. Not worth cutting the pillar out for the small pcs I need to replace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts