Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I know there are a million posts about headliners, even ones that send you to a Chevelle forum. None of these helped me with a specific area. I’m installing a headliner which I have done before to other cars. Problem is, I didn’t take the old one out and haven’t worked with this style nova before. I know on newer models of bow headliners I have gotten to the A-pillar area and there has been a metal pillar cover that screws on and hides the raw edge of the headliner. What do you do or how do they look like in the 66? The car came in boxes and I may be missing something or just not understanding it correctly. I’ve google searched images of the area and keep coming up dry. Can someone explain or post a pic of this area? I’d greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
i just looked on my 66. i couldn't see real well as my wifes car is to close to open the door. i looks like the head liner is under the wind lace on the wind shield an under the wind lace by the door. an the two wind laces almost touch. an leaves about a 1/4'' of head liner just folded under between the two pieces of wind lace. wish i could get a picture right now for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @redrider66SS I was wondering if that wasn’t the way it was done, just folded over a bit for a clean edge and then the windlace hiding most of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts