Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on where to get headlight bezels for a '66? Mine a pretty beat up and was wondering how the aftermarket ones fit and look.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
You can still buy the OER repops. They are decent (better than smashed-up originals) or you can wait for the Trim Parts bezels which are supposed to be back in supply in a month or so. At least that's what I've been told from some vendors.

The third option is to get the originals restored but based on my past experience that could take several months too.

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
or you can wait for the Trim Parts bezels which are supposed to be back in supply in a month or so. At least that's what I've been told from some vendors.
Trim Parts has been telling me they're working on getting the mold right for the last year now. I got tired of waiting and just found some NOS ones on E-Bay and got lucky that they fit right.

John

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I don't know about the luck part. NOS ones usually do fit right but you also usually pay several hundred dollars for them.
When you're building a car to the level of novanutcase's, a few hundred dollars is worth it. Anything that doesn't have the fit/finish of OEM would be a glaring sore point.

Having a pair of originals restored by a professional, provided they are too banged up, is probably the route to take. Won't be "cheap" and will take some time, but the fit should be better than the reproductions that are available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts