Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a major difference in the quality of the Trim Parts bezels compared to the cheaper bezels out there? I need a pair this week sometime and cant seem to find a true answer.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ken Erdmann said:
Buy the higher priced ones. They are alot better than the cheap ones.
That would be the Trim Parts bezels.Have you had first hand experience with both of them.How bad were the cheaper ones?

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
I have both of them.On the cheaper ones I've pulled the screws through the holes when installing them. Junk at best. They will all dent very easily.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
hi jrocket ,i went thru the bezel nightmare too. both of them don't fit. the trimpart one is definitey better but it just doesn't line up with an original fender.if you site it down on edge you will see a curve in it.i also bought there tail lights and they give you a gasket as hard as a tire thread.i had to use my old soft gaskets to make it work.while i'm at it,the repo grille and the metal trim below it doesn't line up right either.had to redrill some holes,grind off alittle on each end and rebend it to match the original parts.nothing like buying parts that the venders swear will fit. the first photo shows an original bezel.notice no gaps anywhere. the second photo shows an trimpart bezel.notice the curve in it.like a rocking horse.i sent them back and ended up buying nos ones for $$$$.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I went with the cheaper and thinner bezels on my car, for the simple fact that I could easier "tweak" them to fit. When I put them on I had the same problem as NOVAFIED, didn't fit very well. But after a little tweaking, they fit good. The key word here is tweak, and not bend. And dont use your cordless drill to install the mountingt screws.:D

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much for the pics.Maybe I'll just have my original ones redone.

Socks on a rooster,Mike your kill'n me....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts