Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about going with the Goodmark deck lid on my '66 hard top. How is the fit along the quarter sides etc.? I have seen a few that were bowed up along the quarter fit. I was told that Goodmark had reworked the tooling and the fit on the 66-67 deck lids were better.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Havn't had any complaints as of yet. But you may want to wait and hear from someone who has actually installed one.:)

·
Registered
329 Posts
The hood I bought didn't fit well at all. I'm not sure of the brand as far as i know they all may come from the same place. I had a problem once it was installed where it bowed up in the center, I ended up pushing up on the front edge of the hood afew times while it was attached to the hinges and fit well after that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
67 deck lid

I bought a deck lid for my 67 and it seems to fit ok.
The Goodmark hood is every thin and wants for bend everywhere.

Don

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am aware of the hood fit. I have a Goodmark cowl hood and it wanted to bow in the center. I had heard the same about the deck lids but was later told about a revision, improving the quality and fit of the deck lid.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. Alan. Awesome pics. Looks the we are doing the same project. I have the full right side quarter, outer wheel house, trunk drop offs and tail panel removed at this time. I am using GM NOS full quarters and Goodmark wheel houses, drop offs and tail panel. I have the factory deck lid to fit with but it is a little rough for final use. That is why I was think of using the Goodmark deck lid. Thanks for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts