Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a set of seats for one of my project cars and I think I have narrowed them down to 1966. The bottoms look like they may have a prevision for power. I am trying to confirm make before putting a rare seat in my 55 were I would be happy with a mass produced seat.
These seat tilt to the center when folded forward. Any help would be appreciated.
Dave
20191222_133038.jpg 20191222_133026.jpg 20191222_132923.jpg 20191222_132904.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
the one seat you showed has slots to bolt it down. nova 66 had holes to run the bolt. in back it was also one bolt hole on 66 an 67 might have been two bolt holes in the back of the seat. an the slide release handle doesn't look correct for a 66-67.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The slide release knob is correct for a 66 GM just not sure of application. I have a back seat also that came with them and it has the provision for a hump so I have ruled out Corvair.
Covers are not original and I believe from looking that they are a custom design.

·
Vendor
1,728 Posts
There does not appear to be a seat lock mechanism, so they would be pre-67. The adjuster handle was not used on Chevy passenger car buckets that I am aware of. My guess is B.O.P. - B or E body car. They appear to have the bolt holes for the wrap-around lower seat covers. That was on the higher-end big cars. The smaller models that trim was just on the side.

I agree they are made to accept a power setup.

Value is probably in the $500 - $1000 range since it is very likely a one year seat (maybe two). My suggestion in these scenarios is often, sell the seats to someone who needs them for a proper resto. Then take the cash and go by something like Procar, which will be a much better performing seat. Good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The adjuster handle was not used on Chevy passenger car buckets that I am aware of. My guess is B.O.P. - B or E body car.
seat track adjustment knob is chrome plated die cast with set screw as factory. Fits all 1966 GM bucket or bench seats ICC-66.jpg

·
Vendor
1,728 Posts
The normal chrome bucket seat adjuster knob you see on 1965 - 66 Chevy is GM 4413116, which is a squarish knob with a rib on the top. Some smaller Buick / Olds / Pontiac cars use it as well. The economy models tended to have the black plastic version of the knob, but we have seen chrome ones on them as well.

I found your knob in the GM book as number 4537004 for an "Astro Bench" knob in the Full Size cars. It crosses over to two Oldsmobile models in 1966 - Star Fire and Toronado - either bucket or bench seats. I think both of those are E bodies, which would have the power seat option and wrap around lower trim.

My Buick reference does not have it, but it is limited. I do not have anything for Pontiac. Any big car with a power seat option in 1965 - 66 is a solid guess on those.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The normal chrome bucket seat adjuster knob you see on 1965 - 66 Chevy is GM 4413116, which is a squarish knob with a rib on the top. Some smaller Buick / Olds / Pontiac cars use it as well. The economy models tended to have the black plastic version of the knob, but we have seen chrome ones on them as well.

I found your knob in the GM book as number 4537004 for an "Astro Bench" knob in the Full Size cars. It crosses over to two Oldsmobile models in 1966 - Star Fire and Toronado - either bucket or bench seats. I think both of those are E bodies, which would have the power seat option and wrap around lower trim.

My Buick reference does not have it, but it is limited. I do not have anything for Pontiac. Any big car with a power seat option in 1965 - 66 is a solid guess on those.

Thanks SouthBay2s, I will look for more info on those.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still can not find anything specific on the seat bottom steel design. I need to look at the back seat it seams and see if that will help narrow them down.
I noticed that 66 BADBOY had a lot of input on seats but has not posted here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts